Jan 4, 2022LAS VEGAS
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
During the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. highlighted broad support from ecosystem partners for the PC industry’s transition to Arm®-based computing. The Company’s portfolio of Snapdragon® compute platforms already powers a number of innovative devices from leading PC OEMs, enabling superior connectivity, AI-accelerated experiences, and robust security to the over 200 enterprise customers currently testing or deploying Windows on Snapdragon laptops and 2-in-1 devices.
Snapdragon compute platforms enable customers to deliver the power and efficiency that their PC users deserve – in thin, light and fanless form factors with lightning fast and highly secure 5G and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, advanced AI capabilities, enhanced camera and audio experiences, and enterprise-grade security.
“The future of the PC industry is modern Arm-based architectures and Snapdragon compute platforms will continue to lead and define the future of productivity, education, and connected entertainment,” said Cristiano Amon, president and chief executive officer, Qualcomm Incorporated. “Our early investments, collaboration with Microsoft and the recent acquisition of NUVIA uniquely positions Qualcomm Technologies to drive this industry wide transition.”
- Microsoft: “Microsoft and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. have a shared vision to deliver a more mobile, connected experience that combines the best features of the smartphone with the power and performance people expect in a Windows PC,” said Panos Panay, executive vice president and chief product officer, Microsoft. “As we look to the future, we are excited to continue our incredible collaboration with Qualcomm on Windows on Arm, creating innovative products and experiences to empower people.”
- Acer: “Windows devices powered by Snapdragon compute platforms enable Acer to deliver laptops with multi-day battery life and effortless application experiences within ultra-thin and convertible form factors,” said James Lin, general manager, notebooks, IT products business, Acer. “Leveraging the cutting-edge Arm-based Snapdragon compute platforms from Qualcomm Technologies, we can deliver more best-in-class Windows 11 experiences across laptops that professional users require.”
- ASUS: “Today’s laptop customers expect crystal clear camera quality, advanced AI features, and the performance to deliver immersive entertainment experiences,” said Alvin Chou, general manager, commercial computer BU, ASUS. “Pulling from their mobile DNA, Qualcomm Technologies continues to transform the Windows PC industry with an impressive portfolio of Arm-based Snapdragon compute platforms that we’re pleased to utilize for efficient, connected, and cutting-edge laptops.”
- HP: “Customers want devices that deliver incredible experiences for learning, collaborating, and creating,” said Mike Nash, chief technologist and global head, customer experience and portfolio strategy, personal systems, HP Inc. “At HP, we are excited about the power efficiency opportunity of the advanced Arm architecture to enable breakthrough experiences on lightweight, fanless devices. We look forward to our ongoing collaboration with Qualcomm and the ecosystem to bring more of these experiences to our customers.”
- Lenovo: “As the innovators of the world’s first 5G PC, powered by the Snapdragon 8cx 5G compute platform, Lenovo™ is proud of our close collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies. Together we’re engineering new Arm-based Windows on Snapdragon powered devices for everyone. With a growing portfolio of powerful Snapdragon powered PCs, we look forward to expanding the boundaries of what people think is possible on laptop PCs and delivering the future of mobile computing in the next hybrid reality,” said Luca Rossi, president, intelligent devices group, Lenovo.
In collaboration with these and other ecosystem partners, the Company is delivering next-gen computing experiences to enterprise segments. The transformative productivity and efficiency enabled by Arm-based Snapdragon platforms is driving the digital transformation. To learn more, visit here.
Battery life varies significantly based on devices, settings, usage, and other factors.
Always connected PCs require network connection.
Qualcomm is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and are found in every 3G, 4G and 5G smartphone. We bring the benefits of mobile to new industries, including automotive, the internet of things, and computing, and are leading the way to a world where everything and everyone can communicate and interact seamlessly.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business.