Dec 8, 1997INTERNET WORLD, NEW YORK CITY
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), a leader in wireless communications and advanced electronic messaging solutions for the Internet, today announced the availability of Eudora Pro Email 4.0 for Windows 95/NT. Taking the cue from its award-winning predecessor, Eudora Pro Email 4.0 offers numerous new features and enhancements, such as support for the latest industry standards like IMAP4, LDAP and HTML. There is also a newly designed user interface which includes a message preview pane, floating dockable windows and a "make filters" command which lets users create filters with the click of a button. Continuing Qualcomm's initiative to deliver the most powerful, productive and easy to use messaging environment, Eudora Pro Email 4.0 helps users manage their flow of email efficiently. Eudora Pro Email 4.0 will be showcased at Fall Internet World December 10-12 at Qualcomm's booth, number 1867.
"Building on an established track record of excellence, Eudora Pro Email 4.0 is the most powerful Eudora Internet email client to date," said Jeff Jacobs, vice president and general manager of Qualcomm's Eudora division. "Whether you receive five or 500 messages a day, Eudora Pro Email 4.0 includes powerful mail management tools that save you time and help you be more productive."
The key new features for Eudora Pro Email 4.0 for Windows 95/NT:
- Online IMAP4 - IMAP4 (Internet Message Access Protocol) provides users with convenient real time access to mail stored on an IMAP server.
- Rich HTML Messages - Users have the ability to view and compose rich HTML messages, using graphics and stylized text. Emails containing HTML look as if they would on a web browser and include graphics such as embedded images, tables and java applets.
- Enhanced Directory Services - Support for LDAP, Ph, Finger and local Address Book directory services allows users to query multiple servers simultaneously returning information in an easy to navigate user interface.
- Advanced filter system - Adding several new rules and actions to Eudora Pro Email's powerful filters as well as making them even simpler to create with the new "make filter" command.
- Enhanced windows management - Customize the interface and group the windows used most into special container windows for easy access.
- Message preview pane - Users can view the contents of a message without opening it.
- Enhanced address book - Users may customize their address book and track contents of multiple address books with the touch of a button.
- Setup Account Wizard - Users step through setup and configuration of new email accounts and import configuration information from other email applications.
- Auto-Configuration - Through the use of ACAP (Application Configuration Access Protocol) Eudora clients can be configured automatically from an ACAP server, such as Eudora WorldMail Server 2.0. This saves system administrators time getting end users up and running.
Other features include a built in spell-checker, support for multiple email accounts, and Drag-and-Drop capabilities to attach files and manipulate text, messages, mailboxes and folders. Also, Eudora Pro Email 4.0 continues to offer the tools to email's four key challenges: security, virus protection, file compression and attachment viewing.
Eudora Pro Email 4.0 software for the Windows 95/NT platforms is now available for an estimated street price of $39. All Eudora products areavailable on the division website at www.eudora.com and through major commercial retail distributors worldwide. All Eudora Pro software has extensive on-line help, including context sensitive help for users. And, it comes with 90-day telephone and email technical support.
With over 18 million users, the Eudora family of software products is the world's most popular Internet email solution, providing comprehensive client/server solutions for both Internet and intranet messaging. Available for the Windows® and Macintosh® platforms, Eudora Light® and Eudora Pro® are best-of-class Internet email client software products. Eudora Pro software has powerful features that deliver exceptional levels of productivity, ease-of-use and flexibility for users who process high volumes of Internet email. Eudora Pro CommCenter 4.0 is a complete Internet communications center, so users can email, page, send voice mail messages and chat from one desktop. Eudora Pro software also includes best-of-classtools for email's four key challenges: security, virus protection, file compression and attachment viewing. Eudora Light email software is the pioneering freeware application that provides a wide range of capabilities for entry level email users. Eudora WorldMail™ Server for the WindowsNT® platform and Eudora Internet Mail Server™ for the Macintosh platform provide powerful email management capabilities and fast, reliable messaging. For more information regarding the Eudora family of products, visit the Eudora World Wide Web site at www.eudora.com.
Headquartered in San Diego, Qualcomm develops, manufactures, markets, licenses and operates advanced communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. In addition to the Eudora family of software products, the Company's primary product areas are the OmniTRACS® system (a geostationary satellite-based, mobile communications system providing two-way data and position reporting services), CDMA wireless communications systems and products and, in conjunction with others, the development of the Globalstar™ low-earth-orbit (LEO) satellite communications system. Other Company products include ASIC products and communications equipment and systems for government and commercial customers worldwide. For more information on Qualcomm products and technologies, please visit the Company's web site at http://www.qualcomm.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including timely product development and commercial implementation of the Company's CDMA technology, continued growth in the CDMA subscriber population and the scale up and operations of CDMA systems, timing and receipt of license fees and royalties, the Company's ability to successfully manufacture significant quantities of CDMA or other equipment on a timely and profitable basis and those related to performance guarantees, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 28, 1997 and most recent Form 10-Qs. Information regarding the number of Eudora Light and Eudora Pro users provided by the Research Spectrum, December, 1996.
# # #