Jan 5, 2016LAS VEGAS
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., has introduced a Smart Home Reference Platform, based upon the versatile Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 212 processor, that is designed to provide computing, voice recognition, audio, display, camera, connectivity, and control capabilities for home control hubs and smart speakers, extending to home appliances and multimedia devices as use cases evolve. At CES® 2016, Qualcomm Technologies is demonstrating a prototype application for the Platform in the form of a smart home assistant/hub. This prototype includes a full hardware design available to OEMs today.
“This Snapdragon 212 Smart Home Reference Platform gives our customers powerful capabilities that can help accelerate the use of high-end computing, voice recognition, audio, display and camera throughout the smart home ecosystem,” said Raj Talluri, senior vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “This Platform is another excellent example of how we tap into our rich portfolio to build flexible, integrated platforms that support the way people are interacting with their increasingly connected smart homes - both today and in the future.”
The Snapdragon 212 Smart Home Reference Platform is available to OEMs now and offers quick development times with its powerful blend of capabilities to smart speakers, home control hubs, home appliances, multimedia devices like TVs and set-top boxes. The Platform features:
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz ARM7 CPU, Qualcomm® Adreno™ 304 GPU, and Qualcomm® Hexagon™ DSP to provide a comprehensive computing platform for multimedia and acoustic processing.
- Hi-Fi Smart Audio for streaming music, audio feedback, and more:
- Up to 24bit/192KHz playback
- Comprehensive decoder support for formats including: mp3, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV and PCM
- Low-power DSP playback offload
- Keyword voice wakeup
- Fluence™ Pro voice input technology for command/control functionality, as well as two-way VoIP calling. Key features include:
- Echo Cancellation and Noise Suppression using three microphones
- Sound position tracking to determine user location relative to the device
- Sound focus to capture voice from specific areas
- Position Tracking
- Comprehensive and fast connectivity including 802.11a/b/g/n (1x1 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth® 4.1, Bluetooth Low Energy, and NFC – as well as full integration with the AllJoyn® communication framework from the AllSeen Alliance
- Display interface to support up to 1280x800 resolution, 45-60 frames per second in a QHD format – ideal for cover art display, on device UI for settings/preferences, and always-on content options like weather, clock, alerts and emergency notifications
- 8MP camera with up to 1080p video playback (H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC)
- Support for leading high level operating systems (HLOS)
About Qualcomm Incorporated
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is a world leader in 3G, 4G and next-generation wireless technologies. Qualcomm Incorporated includes Qualcomm’s licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of its patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of Qualcomm’s engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of its products and services businesses, including its semiconductor business, QCT. For more than 30 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. For more information, visit Qualcomm’s website, OnQ blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.