These new Snapdragon 400 and 200 processors make many of the most coveted Snapdragon processing technologies available to more people.
Earlier this year, Qualcomm announced the new tiering structure for Snapdragon processors, including Snapdragon 800, 600, 400 and 200. While the Snapdragon 800 and 600 processors are clearly targeted at premier and high end smartphones, tablets and mobile computing devices, the Snapdragon 400 and Snapdragon 200 processors take Qualcomm’s technology leadership into the mid-tier and entry level smartphone segments.
Snapdragon 400 processors are designed to deliver the performance, connectivity and battery life that consumers expect in high volume smartphones and tablets, and include the following features:
- CPU options include:
- Dual Krait CPUs running at up to 1.7GHz per core featuring Asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing (aSMP), which delivers peak performance while staying extremely efficient
- Quad ARM® Cortex™-A7 CPUs running at up to 1.4GHz per core which delivers great performance for entry level devices
- Adreno 305 GPU, enabling 3D gaming, highly responsive user interfaces and fast web browsing
- Support for all the key modem technologies that matter around the world, including TDSCDMA, DC-HSPA+ (42Mbps), 1x Advanced, W+G CDMA, and multi-SIM capabilities of Dual SIM, Dual Standby (DSDS) and Dual SIM, Dual Active (DSDA)
- LPDDR2 or LPDDR3 RAM (Low Power Double Data Rate) Fast RAM gives a speed boost to memory operations, increasing the speed at which data flows to each component and boosting performance throughout the entire processor
- Rich multimedia capabilities like advanced camera features (up to 13.5MP), premium audio, and 1080p video capture and playback are all supported
- Support for Miracast™, a wireless display technology that streams content from your mobile device to an HDTV
Snapdragon 400 processors now include the following part numbers: 8226, 8626, 8230, 8630, 8930, 8030AB, 8230AB, 8630AB and 8930AB.
Snapdragon 200 processors are designed to deliver a balance of value and performance, including robust connectivity and better battery life for entry level smartphones. They include the following features:
- Quad ARM Cortex-A5 CPUs up to 1.4GHz per core
- QDSP5 DSP
- Adreno™ 203 GPU
- LPDDR 2 RAM
- HD video playback
- CDMA multimode/UMTS modem options
- High-accuracy GPS
- Multi-SIM capabilities of Dual Sim Dual Standby
- Up to 8 Megapixel camera support
Snapdragon 200 processors now include the following part numbers: 8225Q, 8625Q
I’m excited to be able to share details on our Snapdragon 400 and 200 processors with you and we’re looking forward to seeing all the great new Snapdragon powered devices our customers will be launching this year.