Qualcomm products mentioned within this post are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
We’re thrilled to offer Snapdragon Insiders our first digital photography master class. We know you love your Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ mobile platform powered phone and we wanted to give you access to a pro photographer so you can make the most of your photos.
For our first master class, we tapped nature photographer Ryan Resatka for his best tips and tricks, curated for Snapdragon powered devices. Ryan, an adventure photographer based in LA, has traveled the world with his camera, visiting over 40 U.S. states, 25 national parks, and 20 countries. For the master class, he shot on the OnePlus 9 Pro, powered by the Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform.
To say we’re excited for you to learn how to elevate your #ShotOnSnapdragon snaps is an understatement. Be sure to watch Ryan’s master class, and read on for tips you can start using ASAP.
If you want to take better photos that tell a story, start with these tips in mind:
- Location: scout out a location that’s speaks to the style of photography you like to take. Depending on where you live, this might be the ocean, mountains, or an open field.
- Time of day: the golden hour (sunrise or sunset) is always a winner. But you can also think outside the box, like rainy or foggy days for a moody scene.
- Time of year: again, depending on where you live, certain weather conditions only happen in certain seasons. Think fall or early winter to get steam coming off a lake. Or coastal summers if you want to incorporate fog into your shot.
- Be prepared: you may need to get permits or certain safety equipment for more adventurous locales. Or maybe you need entry tickets for a spring flower field.
Next, turn your focus to your overall composition with these steps:
- Find the leading lines within your frame.
- Utilize the foreground to add dimension.
- Divide up aspects of the photo evenly.
- Have a composition in mind before you arrive.
- Enjoy shooting!
We can’t wait to see how you up your photography game. Grab your Snapdragon powered device and post your favorite images to Instagram. Include #ShotOnSnapdragon so we can see what you’re up to.
If you want to see what other photographers are doing with their Snapdragon powered devices, check out the winners from our recent #ShotOnSnapdragon Nature Photo Contest.
And stay tuned for more exclusive content and master classes, designed just for you, our Snapdragon Insiders community.
What are your tips and tricks for shooting nature photography with your mobile device? Which of Ryan Resatka’s tips have you tried yourself? Join the discussion below.