5 ways the new DROID trio is worth a triple take
Verizon and Motorola announced a new trio in the popular DROID line of smartphones: the DROID Maxx, DROID Ultra and DROID Mini. And while each has a standout feature, all three have the heart of a dragon with an ultra-efficient Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 mobile processor.
DROID Ultra: The ultra-thin, DROID Ultra 4G LTE smartphone boasts a 5-inch HD display, while only measuring in at 7.18mm in width. Sleek isn’t a thin enough word.
DROID Maxx: If you want maximum power, try the DROID Maxx. It can last on a single charge for two days, thanks to the battery saving mobile processor, plus it features wireless charging so you can live life less plugged in.
DROID Mini: This phone delivers a powerful punch in a compact size. With an edge-to-edge 4.3-inch HD display and wireless charging capabilities, the DROID Mini is proof that small smartphones can do big things.
Our 5 favorite new features available on all three new DROID smartphones:
1. Speedy Gaming: With the Snapdragon S4 processor, each phone boasts double the GPU (graphics processing unit) speeds for graphics that can keep up.
2. Quick Capture: Give these new DROID smartphones a quick shake, tap and snap to capture memories on their 10-megapixel cameras in the blink of an eye.
3. DROID Zap: Simply swipe up on a picture to instantly share with DROID friends nearby.
4. From the small screen to the big screen: Hook up these new DROID smartphones to a compatible HDTV to play games, browse the web and share pictures on the big screen.
5. Voice Commands: Activating and using your phone is now even more hands-free.
- “Ok Google Now” wakes up the phone for voice activated commands.
- “Ok Google Now, call my DROID” calls the phone when lost.
- “Active Notifications” allows users to preview messages, make calls, send texts, get directions, play music, set a reminder and much more without waking up or unlocking your phone.
The DROID Ultra ($199.99, with 2-year annual contract) and DROID Maxx ($299.99, with 2-year annual contract) will be available starting August 20, and the DROID Mini ($99.99, with 2-year annual contract) will be available starting August 29 in Verizon Wireless stores. Pre-order today at VerizonWireless.com.
Which of these new DROID smartphones is calling out to you?