The dog days of summer are here and it’s only a matter of time before we say goodbye summer jobs and TV reruns and hello NFL football and back-to-school ads. For many young adults, this means packing up and heading off to college.
Don’t assume we’re going give you a typical list that includes notebook computer, tablet computer, smartphone, digital music player, high quality ear buds, scientific calculator, yadda, yadda, yadda. Our editor said, “Give me something different!”
So, here it is—our top seven list of gadgets every college student needs:
1. iRobot – You know we love robots here at Spark, so this had to be our first pick. You’re a busy college student—you don’t have the time to vacuum the living room or mop up that sticky, beer-coated kitchen floor (besides, your roommate did it, right?). Enter the Roomba, or better yet the Scooba. For around $300 each, you can have a pair of floor cleaning servants that even your pets will like.
2. Clocky or the Sonic Bomb – Both are a loud and effective way to make sure you make that 8 am class. If you choose Clocky, you’ll get the added bonus of a morning workout, chasing it around your room. If you choose the Sonic Bomb, you’ll get woken up for sure with its strong vibrations… and you might just wake up all your roommates with its ear piercing alarm.
3. Aeropress Coffee Maker – Coffee is the fuel of choice for midnight cram sessions. You can take your chances with the coffee machine in the dorm lobby, but for flavor, speed and price, upgrade to the futuristic looking Aeropress Coffe Maker.
4. Voltaic Converter Solar Backpack – With all the gadgets today’s generation of students carry around, it’s no wonder they need a green way to stay charged. Perfect for keeping your smartphone, tablet, camera handheld gaming devices topped up, this backpack will make sure you’re never without the ability to send a tweet or put up a Facebook status.
5. Roll-Up Keyboard - Yes, tablets are cool, but sometimes it would be nice to have a keyboard. Pull this out of your backpack and take notes as fast as you can type. It’s even spill resistant!
6. 3-in-1 Breakfast Station - Mom always said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But that doesn’t mean you need to mess up your kitchen to make it. Heck, you don’t even need a kitchen thanks to this gadget. The 3-in-1 Breakfast Station is perfect for whipping up the perfect hangover cure, uh, we mean pre-exam breakfast sandwich and coffee.
7. Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 - Collaboration is key if you want to succeed in life. Web cams have been around forever, probably spiking in popularity after the release of American Pie. But who wants to interact with a blurry image of someone on their computer screen? With this cam, you and your friends can immerse yourselves in the world of 1080p.
That’s it. Our Top 7 List of must-have gadgets for college students. Did we forget anything? If you think so, send us a comment!
H/T: GeekAlerts.com, ThinkGeek.com