Jun 2, 2015SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (QTI), a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), and Allwinner Technology, Co. Ltd, today announced that they will be collaborating to further extend QTI’s Snapdragon processors into the connected tablet segment which is experiencing strong growth. QTI will be expanding its ability to serve the Chinese tablet design and manufacturing ecosystem by working with Allwinner, which will be offering system solution services for those OEMs and ODMs creating 4G LTE-enabled tablets powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 and 210 processors of QTI.
Allwinner, a China-based fabless semiconductor company and a leading provider of total system solutions for the Android tablet ecosystem, will support the quick and cost-effective development of 4G LTE-enabled tablets based on the aforementioned Snapdragon processors for domestic sales and export worldwide. Through the use of its established channel of support and services for the Chinese ecosystem of independent design houses, Allwinner will help expedite commercial deployment of high-quality, cost-effective 4G LTE-enabled tablets featuring QTI’s Snapdragon 410 and 210 processors.
Shared highlights of the Snapdragon 410 and 210 processors:
- 4G LTE Global Mode, with 7 mode support (LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, EV-DO, CDMA 1x, GSM/EDGE)
- LTE-Broadcast and Dual SIM technology
- Superior camera capabilities and leading enhanced computational camera functionalities, including Zero Shutter Lag, high dynamic range (HDR), autofocus, auto white balance and auto exposure.
- Support for the Android™ Lollipop mobile operating system
- Support for QTI’s Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology, which is designed to support up to 75% faster battery charging than devices without fast-charging technology.
The Snapdragon 410 processor is designed additionally to support features such as:
- A quad-core ARM® Cortex™ A53 running up to 1.4 GHz per core and a Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU by QTI
- Cat 4 speeds of up to 150 Mbps
- Up to 13 Megapixel Camera
- 1080p Full HD video playback at 1280x800 resolutions
The Snapdragon 210 processor is designed to additionally support features such as:
- Integrated X5 modem, 4G LTE-Advanced Cat 4 Carrier Aggregation, LTE Broadcast and LTE Dual SIM/Dual Standby — all firsts in this category of products
- Enhanced performance and power efficiency in the entry-level tier with quad CPUs and Qualcomm Adreno 304 graphics
- Up to 8 Megapixel Camera
- 720p HD playback and H.265 (hardware HEVC)
“Qualcomm Technologies’ industry leading Snapdragon processors, combined with Allwinner’s China tablet ecosystem relationships, represents a strong collaboration of proven industry leaders,” said Oliver Tang, executive vice president of Allwinner Technology Co. Ltd. “We’re pleased to be working with Qualcomm Technologies to help drive further growth in connected tablets, and we expect to see a wave of high-volume, diversely designed, compellingly priced and high-quality 4G LTE-enabled tablets powered by Snapdragon processors in 2015.
“By working with Allwinner, we will be helping manufacturers to further utilize our industry leading processing and connectivity technologies to deliver high-quality consumer devices at great value,” said Cristiano Amon, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and co-president, QCT. “Our relationship with Allwinner will continue to help expedite the development and deployment of Snapdragon-enabled 4G LTE connected devices.”
About Qualcomm Incorporated
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is a world leader in 3G, 4G and next-generation wireless technologies. Qualcomm Incorporated includes Qualcomm’s licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of its patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of Qualcomm’s engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of its products and services businesses, including its semiconductor business, QCT. For more than 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. For more information, visit Qualcomm’s website, OnQ blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.
About Allwinner Technology
Allwinner Technology is a leading fabless semiconductor design company designing integrated circuits and turnkey solutions for connected mobile electronics, connected home entertainment, connected video security, and IoT devices. Allwinner's products have been used by multi-national brands and ODMs worldwide in applications like consumer tablet PCs, industrial and retail tablet PCs, OTT set-up boxes, IP cameras, smart digital appliances, Linux development boards, home gateways, robotics, Wi-Fi speakers, gaming consoles, automotive ADAS systems, and more. Allwinner is an innovator in video encoding/decoding technology, audio and power management IC design, and market application diversity. Allwinner is headquartered in Zhuhai, China with locations in both Shenzhen and Hong Kong, China.