Apr 28, 2015SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., is powering LG’s latest flagship smartphone, the LG G4. The new smartphone is the first to feature the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 processor with X10 LTE, along with a broad set of mobile features from advanced camera, graphics and audio to enhanced connectivity and location, delivering breakthrough user experiences.
“LG and Qualcomm Technologies collaborated from the initial stages of the Snapdragon 808 introduction to skillfully tune the technologies to make many of the LG G4’s unique features possible,” said Reiner Klement, vice president of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The resulting LG G4 smartphone provides a highly refined user experience with exceptional call quality, advanced multimedia and fast connectivity to the Internet. We congratulate LG on the launch of this innovative new device.”
“Our objective with LG G4 was to create a smartphone with the optimal balance of performance, functionality, efficiency and design innovation,” said Dr. Ramchan Woo, head of smartphone planning, LG. “By working closely with Qualcomm Technologies on the LG G4 smartphone, we were able to deliver on this high bar of innovation that both companies set.”
The Snapdragon 808 processor with X10 LTE, featured in the LG G4, is designed to enable amazing user experiences, including:
- State-of-the-art camera: With Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s 12-bit dual ISP technology, the LG G4 camera offers innovative camera features resulting in a stunning visual experience with crisp images with life-like color, texture and brightness, even in low-light conditions.
- Next-generation LTE Advanced: By featuring X10 LTE, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s most advanced integrated modem, the LG G4 offers enhanced, lightning-fast on-the-go connectivity for snappy app responsiveness, fast access to files in the cloud, and smooth streaming of high-quality video and music.
- Enhanced Location: The LG G4 is the first smartphone to use sensor-assisted positioning with Qualcomm® IZat™ technology, which combines positioning data from satellites, WLAN and a variety of sensors already integrated into the LG G4 to provide accurate pedestrian navigation even in most challenging urban environments and inside buildings.
- Advanced graphics and multimedia: The LG G4’s quad HD display is supported by the latest Qualcomm® Adreno™ 400 series GPU, with features such as hardware tessellation, geometry shaders and programmable blending for superior graphics capabilities. The LG G4 also offers incredible video recording with the ability to capture rich and stunning content in 4K, made possible by the Snapdragon 808 processor.
- Crisp, clear audio: The Snapdragon 808 processors’ four-channel processing and audio-capture technology allows LG G4 users to easily record clearer video sound, even in noisy environments.
- Increased battery life: Based on internal testing, the LG G4 boasts more than a full day of battery life, which is more than many of today’s leading smartphones.
About Qualcomm Incorporated
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is a world leader in 3G, 4G and next-generation wireless technologies. Qualcomm Incorporated includes Qualcomm’s licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of its patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of Qualcomm’s engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of its products and services businesses, including its semiconductor business, QCT. For more than 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. For more information, visit Qualcomm’s website, OnQ blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.