Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), a leading provider of integrated wireless systems, applications and services to transportation and logistics companies, today announced at its Vision 2012 Management Conference that NaviGo™ 4.0 powered by Telogis® will be available this summer on the Mobile Computing Platform 110 and 200 (MCP110 and MCP200). Fleets using MCP110 and MCP200 will benefit from navigation enhancements, including on- and off-board routing and point of interest (POI) searches. Slated for commercial availability in the third quarter of 2012, NaviGo 4.0 powered by Telogis, as is the case with the current version, will be optimized with Qualcomm’s proprietary In-Motion User Interface to minimize driver distraction, as well as integrate seamlessly with Qualcomm’s Circle of Service Workflow and other applications to offer a better driver experience.
NaviGo 4.0 powered by Telogis combines a rich suite of back office tools, including route compliance, fuel planning, hazmat support, company-specific routes and approaches, with a large, active driver community. This enhanced navigation solution lends drivers new navigation-based capabilities, including:
- On-board Routing and Re-routing: quickly generates re-routes and provides a back-up routing engine, improving performance along with the in-cab driver experience
- Merged On-board and Off-board Routing: calculates routes locally, while taking into account customized route modifiers and restrictions set by back-office personnel to improve route efficiency and compliance
- On-board Geocoding: leverages data available on the on-board device—versus sending a request to the server—to perform quick in-cab location searches, improving efficiency in route generation when there is no connection available with off-board geocoding on the server
- Address Wizard: stores recent addresses and enables drill-down searches with onboard data to quickly pull timely, relevant information—even when communications are not available
- Points of Interest (POI) Searches: provides an easy way for drivers to identify popular locations (i.e. fueling locations, truck stops or rest areas) with the option to narrow results based on whether they’d like to stop somewhere nearby, along the way, or near the final destination
- Improved User Interface (UI): offers visually-pleasing maps for better route and road identification, along with a more subtle Night Mode design that reduces the overall light in the vehicle to minimize distraction and allows the driver to focus on the road
“The enhanced capabilities of NaviGo 4.0 powered by Telogis offered on our MCP 110 and 200 and integrated with our leading applications will help fleets further alleviate many of the challenges impacting fleet operations,” said Norm Ellis, vice president of sales, services and marketing for Qualcomm Enterprise Services. “Accurate navigation is key to helping fleets increase productivity, improve driving safety, enhance customer satisfaction and reduce costs.”
For more information, visit Qualcomm In-Cab Navigation.
About Qualcomm Enterprise Services
Qualcomm Enterprise Services has provided integrated fleet management applications, services and platforms to transportation and logistics companies around the world for nearly 25 years. As the most experienced provider in the industry, Qualcomm Enterprise Services delivers end-to-end solutions to help fleets improve safety and compliance, fuel management, mobile asset management, operational efficiency and customer service. It tailors fleet management solutions to meet the needs of for-hire and private fleet operations of all sizes and with needs ranging from ranging from basic compliance management to the most sophisticated business intelligence. As a division of Qualcomm Incorporated, Qualcomm Enterprise Services is uniquely positioned among telematics solutions providers to innovate fleet management solutions that benefit from Qualcomm’s deep knowledge of mobile wireless technology and solutions. Backed by a global, 24/7, world-class technology infrastructure, Qualcomm Enterprise Services has established an unrivaled track record of customer service that extends long past the initial sale. For more information, please visit Qualcomm Enterprise Services’ website, new “Qualcomm Road Ahead” blog and YouTube Channel: Driving Ahead.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is the world leader in 3G and next-generation mobile technologies. For more than 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. For more information, visit Qualcomm’s website, OnQ blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.