May 30, 2012SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced the keynotes and agenda for the Uplinq™ 2012 mobile developers conference. Uplinq 2012 programming is designed to provide software developers a cross-platform view of how to exploit the complete hardware-software systems in today’s leading mobile devices, while fostering the business connections essential to making money in mobile.
The conference will be held June 27-28, 2012 – with a pre-conference Mobile CodeFest & Hackathon on June 26 for hardcore coders – at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel and will cover the Android, Windows® Phone, Windows 8, HTML5 and Brew® platforms. The Day 1 general session on June 27 will be opened with a keynote by Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, chairman and CEO of Qualcomm, followed by a keynote presentation by Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation, will open the Day 2 general session with his keynote presentation, and John Hering, co-founder and CEO of Lookout will give Uplinq’s closing keynote. Each afternoon of the conference begins with a super session, designed to drill down on a key software development topic.
Super session topics this year are:
- How Do Developers Take Control of Their Destinies in a Cross-Platform World?, a fireside chat between Rob Chandhok, senior vice president of software strategy for Qualcomm and president of Qualcomm Internet Services, and Ben Wood, director of research for CCS Insight
- Snapdragon™ Processors Powering the Next Million-Dollar App, presented by Raj Talluri, senior vice president of product management for Qualcomm
Uplinq 2012 breakout sessions will cover such topics as:
- Growing the Ecosystem: The Future of HTML5 Web Apps
- Designing Graphics & Gaming Apps Across the Snapdragon S-Class Tiers
- MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) LTE Gaming
- Developing Connected, Proximity-Aware Apps with AllJoyn™
- Drive Consumer Engagement with Vuforia™
- Premium, Freemium, Bundles & More: The Evolution of Brew App Business Models
- Harness the Rise of the Machines: FastCV™, Accelerating Mobile Computer Vision
- Trends in Technology & Digital Content in Education: An Untapped Market
- The Windows 8 Platform for Metro Style Apps
- Diving Into the Windows Phone Market: Should I Make the Jump?
- Nokia’s Inside Track for Developers to Leverage Its Devices, Reach & Relationships
- Tapping into the Next Generation of Location-Based Applications
- Accelerating your Android Application with Renderscript and LLVM
On June 26, the day before Uplinq opens, Qualcomm is hosting the Mobile CodeFest & Hackathon. Sponsored by QDevNet™, Qualcomm’s developer network, the codefest and hackathon, which will include device giveaways, provide coders hands-on, deep-dive training on how to exploit leading mobile technologies to create extraordinary user experiences. The hackathon will culminate with a lightning round of presentations, with judging and awards totaling more than $50,000 immediately to follow.
The registration price for Uplinq 2012 is US$375. The price includes registration for the pre-conference Mobile CodeFest and Hackathon (limited to 300 coders).
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is the world leader in 3G and next-generation mobile technologies. For more than 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. For more information, visit Qualcomm’s website, OnQ blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.