Sep 23, 2008SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, together with CONNECT, one of the nation's most successful regional economic development programs for high technology and life science innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs, today announced the 10 San Diego wireless companies honored at the Qualcomm Tribute to San Diego Innovators event, which took place on September 23.
Selected from a diverse group of regional enterprises, these 10 innovative organizations will be inducted into the Qualcomm Ambassador Program, a partner recognition initiative designed to honor organizations that are pioneering new ways to deliver on the promise of advanced wireless technologies. Each of the Ambassadors has demonstrated exceptionally creative use of mobile technologies to transform the way people do business and the way consumers interact with the world. This year's honorees are recognized for developing and implementing creative wireless solutions that are impacting a wide range of sectors, including mobile entertainment, healthcare and public safety.
This year's Ambassadors include:
· CardioNet <http://www.cardionet.com>- world's leading supplier of mobile cardiac monitoring services via 3G-enabled biosensors
· DriveCam <http://www.drivecam.com>- inventor of groundbreaking Driver Management System that promotes road safety via 3G video monitoring
· eMbience <http://www.embience.com>- innovator of the “Brand Builder” platform; its recent and notable successes include Virgin Mobile India's launch of eMbience-based services.
· Hands-On Mobile <http://www.handson.com>- leading publisher of mobile lifestyle, games and personalization products, including the blockbuster hit Guitar Hero III Mobile
· IntelliDOT <http://www.intellidotcorp.com>- leading provider of wireless handheld, barcode point-of-care solutions that connect to any healthcare information system to improve patient safety and nurse workflow
· Intercasting <http://www.intercastingcorp.com>- developer of award-winning ANTHEM platform, which is enabling a whole new level of social networking applications for mobile devices
· Jitterbug by GreatCall <http://www.jitterbug.com>- creator of the perfectly simple cell phones and services for senior citizens
· The San Diego Police Department <http://www.sandiego.gov/police>- honored for its efforts to improve public safety via award-winning smartphone deployment
· Vocel's The Pill Phone <http://www.pillphone.com>- developer of a medication reminder application based on best-selling Pill Phone Book
“The Ambassadors stand out for their successes in implementing and developing wireless applications that enhance our day-to-day lives,” said Jeff Jacobs, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Qualcomm. “Qualcomm is proud to enable a dynamic and competitive mobile marketplace through the use of its technology. Together with CONNECT, we are pleased to recognize these organizations for the positive impact they are making for both enterprises and consumers.”
“San Diego has a rich heritage as a hotbed of technology innovation, particularly in the wireless space,” said Duane Roth, chief executive officer, CONNECT. “The region continues to spur new wireless applications that are cutting-edge and beneficial for people around the world. The 2008 Ambassadors have earned special recognition among their peers, and we celebrate their outstanding achievements.”
For more information on the Qualcomm Ambassador Program and this year's honorees, please visit www.qualcomm.com/news/partners/index.html.
CONNECT is a non-profit organization founded in 1985 and dedicated to creating and sustaining the growth of innovative technology and life science businesses in San Diego. Each year CONNECT mobilizes more than 2,000 volunteers to collaborate in mentoring, coaching, teaching, advising and evaluating more than 1,000 companies. CONNECT provides support to the region's innovation economy through personalized assistance and financing, accelerating the learning curve, innovation programs, cluster acceleration, recognition and networking and policy and advocacy. The organization operates 26 programs that deliver more than 300 events a year including: Springboard, Venture RoundTable, Frontiers in Science and Technology, FrameWorks, CEO Strategy Forum and Connect with CONNECT; affiliate programs with The Center for Commercialization of Advanced Technology (CCAT), Tech Coast Angels (TCA), MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF), and Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance; and its awards and recognition programs, Hall of Fame, and The Most Innovative Products (MIP) Awards.
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 100 Index, the S&P 500 Index and is a 2008 FORTUNE 500 company. For more information, please visit www.qualcomm.com.