Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and mobile data solutions, today announced the winners of the 7th annual BREW 2008 Developer Awards, a program that honors an outstanding array of diverse and innovative BREW® applications from a global collection of the industry's best publishers and developers. This year's contenders represented a broad cross-section of commercial and pre-commercial BREW applications from seven categories, including new categories such as Best Community/Social Networking Application and Best Public or Private Sector Business Application. Each submission was evaluated by a panel of international industry experts based on criteria such as: ease of use, originality, features, success or likelihood of success and overall “coolness.” The winners were revealed during ceremonies at the BREW 2008 Conference, being held May 28 - 30 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego.
Qualcomm congratulates the following BREW 2008 Developer Awards winners:
- Best Up and Coming Application: mSpot Make-UR-Tones from mSpot, Inc. (U.S.)
- Best Public or Private Sector Business Application: Farmer Friend from Sichuan Greatwall Software Technology Co. Ltd. (China)
- Best Location-Based Service Application: WHERE from uLocate (U.S.)
- Best Community/Social Networking Application: Loopt from Loopt (U.S.)
- Best Personalization or Infotainment Application: MLB.com Gameday plus Gameday Audio from Major League Baseball Advanced Media (U.S.)
- Best Game Application: Guitar Hero III Mobile from Hands-On Mobile (U.S.)
- People's Choice Award: Guitar Hero III Mobile from Hands-On Mobile (U.S.)
“Qualcomm is impressed by the innovation and quality displayed by the global community of BREW publishers and developers,” said Mitch Oliver, vice president of solutions and marketing for Qualcomm Internet Services. “BREW publishers and developers are creating applications that go beyond what was originally thought possible for mobile content and are realizing the advanced potential that the wireless data industry provides.”
Qualcomm Internet Services enables mobile retailing solutions and Internet services that accelerate consumer adoption and usage of mobile data worldwide for its operator, brand & affinity and content provider customers. BREW is a comprehensive solution for customers seeking to bring high-value wireless services to market and enhance the mobile experience for consumers. Customers also can benefit from a portfolio of adaptable, modular products that can be used to address specific mobile retail challenges from general merchandizing to personalized recommendations.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2008 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.