May 15, 2008SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
<body>Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, today announced that three leading global operators will be speaking at the upcoming BREW 2008 Conference, May 28-30 in San Diego. The conference is set to emphasize key wireless trends and innovations and will focus on open mobile content delivery and the availability of converged services to drive both revenue and growth for the entire wireless value chain.
The mobile data industry continues to grow and evolve based on the innovation of leading wireless operators, handset manufacturers, publishers and developers. At BREW 2008 Verizon Wireless, Tata Teleservices and Telefonica Spain will share their insight with conference attendees, providing their vision for the future of wireless data and the opportunities for innovative services that will drive usage and revenue.
- Verizon will speak to the continued success of the Get it Now® service, in addition to the operator's vision for the future of mobile content
- Tata Teleservices will speak about the demand for advanced mobile content in the rapidly growing Indian market and highlight opportunities for the development of services and applications that meet this demand
- Telefonica Spain will speak for the first time at the conference on the future of the mobile Internet and how wireless companies can extend the value of the Web to mobile devices
In addition to these featured speakers, attendees also will hear from Cristiano Amon, senior vice president of product management and Steve Sprigg, senior vice president of engineering for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies.
“The BREW Conference continues to be one of the most innovative wireless events, and this year's expansive agenda and esteemed list of attending companies will address trends affecting the wireless market including convergence and openness,” said Andrew Gilbert, executive vice president and president of Qualcomm Internet Services, MediaFLO Technologies, and Qualcomm Europe. “BREW 2008 promises to provide new perspectives on the challenges and opportunities currently facing the global wireless market. We look forward to the insights that Verizon Wireless, Tata Teleservices, Telefonica Spain and all of our other speakers will shed on their visions for the future of mobile content.”
At BREW 2008, developers also will learn about the improvements Qualcomm is making to TRUE BREW® Testing and developer support processes - all to make things more efficient, economical and get applications to market faster. Qualcomm also will present their vision for giving developers new paths to directly promote and sell content to consumers and what is being done to make this a reality.
BREW Developer Awards
Qualcomm also today announced the finalists for its BREW 2008 Developer Awards, a program that honors notable publishers and developers and their achievements in application development for the past year. The BREW 2008 Developer Awards features seven award categories of commercial and pre-commercial BREW applications and services that represent the best and brightest in wireless data innovation, including the People's Choice award which is decided by conference attendees. Winners in each of the categories will be revealed and honored in a special ceremony in the Partner Pavilion during happy hour, Wednesday, May 28 at 6 p.m.
The BREW 2008 Developer Awards finalists are:
Best Up and Coming Application:
- Eyespot MobileShare by Eyespot Corporation (U.S.)
- ugenGames Mobile Center by Mobitween (Canada)
- mSpot Makre-UR-Tones by mSpot, Inc. (U.S.)
Best Public or Private Sector Business Application:
- Poultry Supply Chain Application for Avian Flu Prevention by the Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia)
- Out of Office by SEVEN (U.S.)
- Farmer Friend by Sichuan Greatwall Software Technology Co. (China)
Best Location-Based Service Application:
- Garmin Mobile by Garmin International (U.S.)
- Copiloto Ubicacel by Telmap, Inc. (Mexico)
- WHERE by uLocate Communications, Inc. (U.S.)
Best Community/Social Networking Application:
- iSkoot for Skype by iSkoot (U.S.)
- Loopt by Loopt (U.S.)
- Match.com Mobile by Trilibis Mobile (U.S.)
Best Personalization/Infotainment Application:
- MLB.com Gameday plus Gameday Audio by Major League Baseball Advanced Media (U.S.)
- mSpot Remix by mSpot, Inc. (U.S.)
- StockExchDiamond by Unicom Huajian Network Co. (China)
Best Game Application:
- SolaRola by Eidos (United Kingdom)
- Guitar Hero III Mobile by Hands-On Mobile
- Metal Gear Solid Mobile by Konami Mobile (U.S.)
For more information on the BREW 2008 Conference, please visit www.brew2008.com.
Qualcomm Internet Services enables mobile retailing solutions and Internet services that accelerate consumer adoption and usage of mobile data worldwide for its operator, brand & affinity and content provider customers. BREW is a comprehensive solution for customers seeking to bring high-value wireless services to market and enhance the mobile experience for consumers. Customers also can benefit from a portfolio of adaptable, modular products that can be used to address specific mobile retail challenges from general merchandizing to personalized recommendations.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2008 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.