On-the-go Fans Can Catch Dozens of Live Bowl Game Match-upsSAN DIEGO and BASKING RIDGE, N.J.
This holiday season, NCAA football fans will be able to watch live, full-length college bowl games from a variety of broadcast and cable networks on their mobile phones.
Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless provider, and MediaFLO USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), have teamed up to bring fans full-length coverage of 24 bowl games, kicking off with ESPN Mobile TV's telecast of the Poinsettia Bowl on December 20 and wrapping up with ESPN's GMAC Bowl on January 6. Coverage of the 2008 bowl games will be provided by ESPN Mobile TV, CBS Mobile and FOX Mobile through V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, a service of MediaFLO USA.
V CAST Mobile TV subscribers will have convenient access to some of the season's biggest college football moments right on their phones - a significant benefit for sports fans traveling during the holidays. ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN's first 24/7 channel for the mobile platform, will provide several highly anticipated, must-see games, including the Alamo Bowl on December 29, which will pit two schools steeped in college football tradition against one another with Penn State taking on Texas A&M, and Alabama head coach Nick Saban will cap off his first year back on the college sidelines as his Alabama Crimson Tide faces off against the Colorado Buffaloes in the PetroSun Independence Bowl on December 30. Additionally, the Virginia Cavaliers will look to put the clamps on the high-scoring Texas Tech Red Raiders in the Gator Bowl on January 1 on CBS Mobile, and FOX Mobile will broadcast the Cotton Bowl on January 1, pitting Arkansas against Big XII runner-up, the University of Missouri.
Must-see 2007 bowl games offered through channels on Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service include:
· San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl (Utah v. Navy, December 20) - ESPN Mobile TV
· R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (Memphis v. Florida Atlantic, December 21) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Papa John's.com (Southern Missouri v. Cincinnati, December 22) - ESPN Mobile TV
· New Mexico Bowl (Nevada v. New Mexico, December 22) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl (UCLA v. BYU, December 22) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Sheraton Hawaii Bowl (Boise State v. East Carolina, December 23) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Motor City Bowl (Purdue v. Central Michigan, December 26) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Pacific Life Holiday Bowl (Arizona State v. Texas, December 27) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Champs Sports Bowl (Boston College v. Michigan State, December 28) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Emerald Bowl (Maryland v. Oregon State, December 28) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Meinke Car Care Bowl (UConn v. Wake Forest, December 29) - ESPN Mobile TV
· AutoZone Liberty Bowl (UCF v. Mississippi State, December 29) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Valero Alamo Bowl (Penn State v. Texas A&M, December 29) - ESPN Mobile TV
· PetroSun Independence Bowl (Alabama v. Colorado, December 30) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl (California v. Air Force, December 31) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Roady's Humanitarian Bowl (Georgia Tech v. Fresno State, December 31) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (Kentucky v. Florida State, December 31) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Chick-fil-A Bowl (Clemson v. Auburn, December 31) - ESPN Mobile TV
· Brut Sun Bowl (South Florida v. Oregon, December 31) - CBS Mobile TV
· Gator Bowl (Texas Tech v. Virginia , January 1) - CBS Mobile TV
· Outback Bowl (Wisconsin v. Tennessee, January 1) - ESPN Mobile TV
· AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic (Missouri v. Arkansas, January 1) - FOX Mobile
· International Bowl (Rutgers v. Ball State, January 5) - ESPN Mobile TV
· GMAC Bowl (Bowling Green v. Tulsa, January 6) - ESPN Mobile TV
** Note that all programming is subject to change and blackouts.
“Now that the 2007 season is coming to a head, sports fans won't want to miss a second of the most anticipated match-ups of the year,” said Michael Boyd, vice president of licensing and research at MediaFLO USA. “The channels available on our FLO TV service give fans the flexibility to catch some of their favorite college teams without missing a single play of the game - even if they are away from the TV.”
Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon, noted, “By bringing 24 bowl games to V CAST Mobile TV customers from ESPN Mobile TV, CBS Mobile and Fox Mobile, Verizon Wireless is once again demonstrating our commitment to deliver the best, exclusive programming available on mobile phones. From the Colorado Buffaloes to the Florida State Seminoles, Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service keeps sports fans in the game during the busy holiday season.”
Since the launch of MediaFLO USA and V CAST Mobile TV in March 2007, content partners ESPN Mobile TV, CBS Mobile, FOX Mobile and others have aired hundreds of hours of live sporting events, from U.S. Open golf, Big XII college football, English Premier League soccer and MLS soccer to the X Games, NASCAR racing and tennis from Wimbledon. The 2008 programming lineup will provide even more variety and selection for Verizon subscribers.
The FLO TV™ service is provided by MediaFLO USA and is available to consumers as V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless. In addition to CBS Mobile, ESPN Mobile TV and FOX Mobile, the V Cast Mobile TV service offers Verizon Wireless customers channels from Comedy Central, MTV: Music Television, NBC News2Go, NBC2Go and Nickelodeon. More information on FLO TV can be found at www.flotv.com.
V CAST Mobile TV is live in more than 50 cities from coast to coast, including Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York and Philadelphia. A complete list of available markets, V CAST Mobile TV capable phones - which includes the must-have phone of the holiday season, the Voyager™ by LG - and pricing information is available at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About MediaFLO USA, Inc.
MediaFLO USA, Inc. unleashes the power of TV for mobile consumers, combining the best content, an intuitive user interface and a superior multicast network to deliver a true TV experience. The award-winning MediaFLO USA mobile entertainment service, called FLO TV, offers full-length simulcast and time-shifted programming from the world's best entertainment brands, including CBS Mobile, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, MTV: Music Television, NBC2Go, NBC News 2Go and Nickelodeon. The FLO TV service also will deliver short-format clips and real-time information and entertainment services. Based in San Diego, Calif., MediaFLO USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. Further information is available at www.mediaflousa.com.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. MediaFLO and FLO TV are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
December 18, 2007
December 18, 2007