Aug 29, 2007BASKING RIDGE, N.J. and SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
This fall, for the first time ever, sports fans will be able to watch live, full-length college football games from a variety of broadcast and cable networks on their mobile phones. Verizon Wireless and MediaFLO USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), have teamed up to bring fans an unprecedented college football line-up for the 2007 season - more than 100 games, including 20 bowl matchups, are scheduled to air. The games will air on CBS Mobile, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile and NBC 2Go on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, a service of MediaFLO USA. Programmers will choose which games to cover based on team performances the previous week.
ESPN Mobile TV will air more than 75 live match-ups, as well as up to 20 bowl games. Notre Dame fans can catch seven Fighting Irish games on NBC 2Go and two on ESPN Mobile TV, while highlights of the 2007 season on CBS Mobile will include up to 15 Southeastern Conference games, the Sun Bowl and Gator Bowl, and up to 38 additional college football games covered through CSTV on CBS Mobile. FOX Sports Mobile, meanwhile, is the destination of choice for mobile Big 12 fans.
Not-to-be-missed games include:
· Louisiana State University (LSU) at Mississippi State (August 30, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Washington at Syracuse (August 31, ESPN Mobile TV)
· East Carolina at Virginia Tech (September 1, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Washington State at Wisconsin (September 1, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Oklahoma State at Georgia (September 1, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Georgia Tech at Notre Dame (September 1, NBC 2Go)
· Texas Tech at Southern Methodist University (SMU) (September 3, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Florida State at Clemson (September 3, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Mid-Tennessee at Louisville (September 6, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Notre Dame at Penn State (September 8, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Virginia Tech at LSU (September 8, ESPN Mobile TV)
· California at Colorado State (September 8, CSTV on CBS Mobile)
· Pittsburgh at Michigan State (September 15, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Ohio State at Washington (September 15, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Florida State at Colorado (September 15, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Tennessee at Florida (September 15, CBS Mobile)
· Texas A&M at Miami (September 20, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Georgia at Alabama (September 22, CBS Mobile)
· Brigham Young University (BYU) at New Mexico (September 29, CSTV on CBS Mobile)
· Notre Dame at UCLA (October 6, ESPN Mobile TV)
· Florida at LSU (October 6, CBS Mobile)
· University of Southern California (USC) at Notre Dame (October 20, NBC 2Go)
· Army at Air Force (November 3, CSTV on CBS Mobile)
· Arkansas at LSU (November 23, CBS Mobile)
· Florida State at Florida (November 24, CBS Mobile)
· SEC Championship Game (December 1, CBS Mobile)
· UCLA at USC (December 1, ESPN Mobile TV)
Note that all programming is subject to change and blackouts.
“Our FLO TV service is perfect for the sports fan,” said Michael Boyd, vice president of licensing and research at MediaFLO USA. “Nothing beats the excitement and rivalry of college football, and for the first time, you won't have to miss a snap, even if you are away from the TV.”
Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon, noted, “By bringing more than 100 college football games to V CAST Mobile TV customers, Verizon Wireless is once again demonstrating our commitment to deliver the best, exclusive programming available on mobile phones. From the USC Trojans to the Fighting Irish to the Florida Gators, Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service keeps sports fans in the game while on-the-go.”
Since its launch in March 2007, V CAST Mobile TV has aired hundreds of hours of live sporting events, from U.S. Open golf and MLS soccer to the X Games, NASCAR racing and tennis from Wimbledon.
The FLO TV™ service is provided by MediaFLO USA and is available to consumers as V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless. In addition to CBS Mobile, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile and NBC 2Go, the FLO TV service also includes Comedy Central, MTV: Music Television, NBC News2Go and Nickelodeon. More information on FLO TV can be found at www.flotv.com
V CAST Mobile TV is live in more than 30 markets from coast to coast, including Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York and Philadelphia. A complete list and map of available markets is available at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
MediaFLO USA Inc. unleashes the power of TV for mobile consumers, combining the best content, an intuitive user interface and a superior multicast network to deliver a true TV experience. The award-winning MediaFLO USA mobile entertainment service, called FLO TV, offers full-length simulcast and time-shifted programming from the world's best entertainment brands, including CBS Mobile, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, MTV: Music Television, NBC 2Go, NBC News 2Go and Nickelodeon. The FLO TV service also will deliver short-format clips and real-time information and entertainment services. Based in San Diego, Calif., MediaFLO USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. Further information is available at www.mediaflousa.com