Qualcomm’s Annual Conference to Focus on Key Wireless Trends and Innovations in the Global Wireless CommunitySAN DIEGO
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and mobile data solutions, today announced featured guest speakers from leading global companies, including Hutchison 3G, Verizon Wireless and Warner Music Group, for the BREW 2007 Conference, scheduled June 20 – 22 in San Diego. This year’s conference will explore new opportunities in the wireless industry, with a focus on global developments in mobile content, including gaming, music, social networking and much more.
The addition of Hutchison 3G, Verizon Wireless and Warner Music Group to the BREW 2007 agenda will provide conference attendees an opportunity to hear about the progress of mobile content on a global scale. Highlighted speakers include:
- Frank Meehan, group director and general manager of handsets and applications for leading global 3G operator Hutchison 3G, will present details on Hutchison 3G's success with Open Mobile Internet, as well as their vision for the future of mobile Web devices. He also will outline potential future opportunities for application developers and service providers using 3G. The presentation is scheduled for Thursday, June 21 at 10:15 a.m.
- George White, senior vice president of strategy and product development for Warner Music Group, will examine the current state of mobile music, recommend changes the industry can make to improve the mobile music experience and share insight into Warner Music Group's future plans in the space. The presentation will take place Thursday, June 21 at 11 a.m.
- John Harrobin, senior vice president of marketing and digital media for Verizon, will speak to the success that Verizon Wireless' Get it Now service continues to enjoy while identifying ways that wireless leaders can improve subscribers' user experiences. The presentation is scheduled for Friday, June 22 at 10:35 a.m.
“BREW 2007 promises to again provide the wireless industry with profiles in success and innovation by leading companies,” said Bob Briggs, senior vice president and general manager of BREW, Qualcomm Internet Services. “The addition of Hutchison 3G, Verizon Wireless and Warner Music Group as conference speakers brings even more important points of view to the discussion surrounding new innovations and market opportunities in wireless. Consumers have been exposed to the latest mobile content this year with the availability of advanced wireless data services, including location-based services, innovation in mobile gaming and much more. At BREW 2007, Qualcomm and its wireless partners will explore new ways to provide end users around the world with the very latest in mobile content.”
BREW Developer Awards
Qualcomm also today announced the finalists for its BREW 2007 Developer Awards, a program to honor and promote innovative applications and services created by publishers and developers from around the world. The BREW 2007 Developer Awards features eight award categories spanning a diverse range of commercial and pre-commercial applications, including the People's Choice category, which is voted on by conference attendees from the full list of finalists. Winners in each of the categories will be revealed and honored during the general sessions throughout the BREW 2007 Conference.
The BREW 2007 Developer Awards finalists are:
- Best Up and Coming Application:
- EZ Josyuseki Navi by KDDI Corporation / NAVITIME Japan Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- SecurePhone by RiffWare LLC (U.S.)
- FiosTV on the Go by Verizon Data Services Inc. (U.S
- Best Public Service Application:
- Fisher Friend by Astute Systems Technology Pvt. Ltd(India)
- Mandi Price by Tata Consultancy Services (India)
- Wireless Emergency Command System - Kingeye - by Xi'an Kingtone Information Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- Best Business or Productivity Application:
- Celltop by Alltel Wireless (U.S.)
- Mobile Banking by EverMobile (Brazil)
- WeatherBug Mobile Weather - by Weatherbug (U.S.)
- Best Location-Based Service Application:
- BiM Active by Bones in Motion (U.S.)
- EZNaviWalk by KDDI Corporation / NAVITIME Japan Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Vivo Localiza Equipe by WISE - WTS Telecommunicacoes LTDA (Brazil)
- Best Community Application:
- Yahoo Mobile IM by ACL Wireless Ltd. (India)
- JuiceCaster by Juice Wireless (U.S.)
- TencentQQ2005 by WISE - TENCENT Technology (Shenzhen) Company (China)
- Best Entertainment Application:
- NBA AirPlay by AirPlay Network (U.S.)
- Sacred Sight by Astute Systems Technology Pvt., Ltd. (India)
- FunKey by Neomtel Co., Ltd. (Korea)
- Best Game Application:
- IMO: The World of Magic by Com2uS (Korea)
- Rollercoaster Rush by Digital Chocolate (U.S.)
- Brothers in Arms 3D by Gameloft (U.S.)
BREW: Into the New
BREW 2007 promises to elevate the success and progress companies around the world have experienced with the BREW solution. The more than 70 sponsors and exhibitors at BREW 2007 include:
- Platinum Sponsor: Verizon Wireless
- Gold Sponsors: Adobe Systems Inc., Hutchison 3G, Warner Music Group
- Silver Sponsors: O2, Picsel Technologies
- Bronze Sponsors: Electronic Arts, Obopay, Inc., Sprint Nextel, Superscape, Tira Wireless, Vocel, Inc.
- Conference Pen: GlobalLogic
- Badge Lanyard: Vivendi Games Mobile
- Laptop Alley, Meeting Central & WiFi: Glu Mobile
- Program Guide Wrap: Innaworks
- Conference Bag Insert: WDS Global
- Net Café Sponsor: GamesOnDeck.com
- Exhibitors: 9 Squared Inc., Agilent Technologies, Airplay, Airsource, AMA, Anritsu Company, Autodesk, Axiom xCell Inc., BrainMedia, deCarta Inc., Diaspark, Emdigo, Exclaim, FrameFree Technologies, FusionOne, Garmin, GestureTek Mobile, GlobalLogic, Hands-On Mobile, Hudson Entertainment, Huone, Immersion, Innaworks, Javaground USA Inc., JuiceWireless Inc., Jump Games, Kyocera Wireless Corp., LG Electronics Mobilecomm U.S.A. Inc., M:Metrics, Machineworks Northwest LLC, Media Socket Inc., Mobile Complete, Monotype Imaging Inc., Motorola, mSpot, NeoMtel Co. Ltd., Networks in Motion, Novarra, NSTL, Nuance, Pixsense Inc., Punchcut, Sistecel, Tata Consultancy Services, Tele Atlas, TeleCommunications Systems Inc., Test Quest, TOR Anumana, Transaction Wireless, Trimble Outdoors, UI Magic Inc., Viva! Vision, WeatherBug Mobile, Xringer and Zingy
For more information on the BREW 2007 Conference, please visit: www.brew2007.com.
BREW solutions change the way people relate to wireless data services. By enabling the discovery and delivery of high-value content, BREW creates opportunities for the wireless industry to enhance consumers' mobile data experience. Qualcomm's comprehensive and targeted BREW Signature Solutions offer reduced time to market and lower capital investment for companies providing mobile products and services. Customers also can benefit from several modular BREW offerings, including uiOne™, deliveryOne™ and QPoint™, which provide the foundation for customer-differentiated wireless data capabilities
Qualcomm and BREW are registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. uiOne, deliveryOne and QPoint are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
June 11, 2007
June 11, 2007BREW 2007 Conference to Feature Guest Speakers from Industry Leaders Hutchison 3G, Verizon Wireless and Warner Music GroupBREW 2007 Conference to Feature Guest Speakers from Industry Leaders Hutchison 3G, Verizon Wireless and Warner Music Group