Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, today announced that the Company will showcase a wide range of innovative wireless solutions at CTIA Wireless 2007 in Orlando, March 27-29 in Booth #1645, Hall A3 of the Orange County Convention Center.
Working with its partners, Qualcomm is driving the global adoption of mobile broadband. According to Wireless Intelligence, there are more than 430 million 3G wireless subscribers worldwide. From mobile TV to single-chip solutions for sleeker, stylish cell phones, Qualcomm will highlight its successful collaborations that are enabling the rapid growth of mobile broadband and enriching the lives of end users.
“Mobile broadband is here today, and Qualcomm is accelerating 3G adoption by working with our industry partners to bring innovative wireless products and solutions to market,” said William F. Davidson Jr., vice president, global marketing and investor relations for Qualcomm. “Our goal is to ensure that mobile phones and wireless services meet the needs of consumers in both the developed and developing markets. At CTIA this year, Qualcomm will demonstrate some of the innovative solutions driving 3G services and will offer a view of what is to come in wireless technology.”
On Tuesday, March 27, Qualcomm will host an analyst and media briefing at 8 a.m. EDT in Room W-414 A/B, located on Level Four of the West Hall in the Orange County Convention Center, where Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, chief executive officer, and Dr. Sanjay Jha, chief operating officer, will discuss the Company's latest news announcements and collaborations.
Demonstrations of Qualcomm's advanced technologies, products and solutions featured in the Company's booth include:
- The first live over-the air demonstration of Ultra Mobile Broadband™ (UMB™) showing simultaneous high-definition video streaming, video conferencing, VoIP and Web browsing applications
- A live demonstration of 9.3 Mbps peak data rates over EV-DO Rev. B
- A demonstration of telco-quality VoIP services over EV-DO Rev. A, including mobile-to-mobile voice calls, video telephony and simultaneous VoIP and data sessions
- MediaFLO Technologies' demonstrations of live streaming TV and mobile datacast applications on OEM handsets, as well as the first-ever live demonstration of MediaFLO on a dedicated, mobile TV alternative device
- A demonstration of the hardware-accelerated graphics, mp3 audio, TV-out and USB input capabilities of Qualcomm's MSM7500™ chipset
- MediaFLO USA, Inc. demonstrating live commercial FLO TV, delivering premium full length content from some of the world's best known brands to mobile phones
- Embedded mobile broadband demonstrations featuring the Sony VAIO ultra-portable notebook, OQO's Model 02 and Dell Latitude D620 Semi-rugged notebook PC, all with embedded EV-DO running on commercial mobile broadband services
- Qualcomm, along with Cisco®, demonstrating a new enterprise-class router with embedded EV-DO
- Demonstrations of Qualcomm's flexible BREW® Signature Solutions and offerings, including uiOne™, the BREW Gaming Signature Solution and BREW Locate Signature Solution
- The BREW Partner Pavilion, featuring 20 of the market's leading BREW publishers and developers
Qualcomm spokespeople will participate in the following speaker sessions:
- Mitch Oliver, vice president of solutions and marketing for Qualcomm Internet Services, will speak at Billboard's Mobile Entertainment Live “Mobile Search and Merchandising” session on Monday, March 26, from 3:45-4:30 p.m. in the West Concourse-Valencia Room 415. Additionally, he will participate in the “Off-portal Opportunities Without Sacrificing the Customer Experience” session on Wednesday, March 28, from 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 307 A/B
- Dan Novak, vice president of programming and advertising for MediaFLO USA, will participate in the Smartphone Summit session “Smartphone & Wireless Entertainment: Audio, Video and Rich-media Content Delivery” on Monday, March 26, from 4-4:50 p.m. in room 308 CD
- Mahesh Makhijani, director of technical marketing for Qualcomm, will participate in the GSM Associations' HSPA Evolved/HSPA+ Technology Seminar held on Tuesday, March 27, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Room 303 A/B
- Dr. Sanjay Jha, Qualcomm COO and president of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, will take part in a CTO roundtable on Tuesday, March 27, from 1-2:30 p.m. in Room 309 A/B
- Jason Bremner, director of product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, will participate in the session titled “Tech Talk: Here, There, and Everywhere” on Tuesday, March 27, from 1-2:30 p.m. in Room 310. He will also speak in the session titled “Music via the Device: What Technology is Now Enabling” on Tuesday, March 27, from 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 309 A/B
- Eduardo Esteves, senior director of technical marketing for Qualcomm, will participate in the CDMA Development Group's “Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB): High Performance Mobile OFDMA Solution” seminar held on Tuesday, March 27, from 1:30-5:30 p.m. in Room 303 A/B
- Gina Lombardi, president of MediaFLO USA, will participate in the session titled “Mobile Television: Outlook for 2007” on Tuesday, March 27, from 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 307 A/B
- Arvin Chander, vice president of carrier relations for Qualcomm Internet Services, will deliver a presentation on the mobile content market in Japan at the JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) conference, taking place on Wednesday, March 28, from 1:30-4 p.m. in Room 305 A
For additional information about the Company's activities at CTIA Wireless 2007, please visit www.qualcomm.com/press.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.