Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, today announced that the Company will showcase a wide range of innovative wireless solutions at the 3GSM World Congress 2007 (Booth B53, Hall 8) in Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 12-15, including HSPA and UMTS chipsets, Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (MBMS) mobile TV technology, the latest BREW® offerings and applications, location-based services and live demonstrations of the MediaFLO™ System.
“Qualcomm is committed to helping the global wireless industry continue its rapid evolution, as well as achieve its primary goal of ensuring mobile phones and wireless services are accessible and affordable to people in both the developed and developing markets,” said William F. Davidson Jr., vice president, global marketing and investor relations for Qualcomm. “We're proud to be a part of 3GSM 2007 and, along with our partners, showcase our advanced wireless solutions.”
Qualcomm will host a press and analyst briefing in the Zafir room of the Hotel Fira Palace on Monday, Feb. 12, from 4-5 p.m. Company executives will discuss Qualcomm's latest news announcements.
During 3GSM 2007, Qualcomm and its partners will be conducting a number of live demonstrations:
- MediaFLO Technologies demonstration of 20 live-streaming television channels, including Spanish and European content from Abertis and Sky, and Clipcasting™ content from Warner Music Group on three OEM handsets
- IP datacasting demonstrations of news, sports and weather streaming
- The world's first demonstration of MBMS mobile TV technology, delivering multiple channels over the air using UMTS networks
- Mobile Station Modem™ (MSM™) MSM7XXX-series chipsets, showcasing stunning 3D graphics and gaming capabilities
- Position-location capabilities of gpsOne® assisted-GPS technology and gpsOneXTRA assistance technology, which expands the capabilities of standalone GPS
- High-quality VoIP demonstration using HSPA technology, and running simultaneously with other leading data applications such as video sharing, video streaming and Web browsing
- HSPA video streaming, Web browsing and video sharing
- Commercial uiOne™ handsets and demonstrations of advanced uiOne capabilities
- BREW gaming and BREW locate signature solutions
- Dell, HP and Lenovo will demonstrate their latest HSDPA-embedded notebook computers in Qualcomm's booth, all on the commercial Vodafone Spain HSDPA network
- OQO Inc., in collaboration with Novatel Wireless, will conduct a technology demonstration of their Ultra Mobile PC (OQO model 02) with HSPA capability, incorporating the MSM6280™ chipset targeted for Europe and Asia
Qualcomm executives also will discuss key wireless industry trends at 3GSM:
- Kamil Grajski, vice president of engineering for Qualcomm and president of the FLO Forum, will participate in the FLO Forum press roundtable on Tuesday, Feb 13, 2-3 p.m. in the Media Center, Hall 2. He will also participate on a panel entitled, “Technology Symposium - Are standards and their development failing the industry?” on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 11:15 a.m.-12:40 p.m. on the ground floor of Hall 5.
- Enrico Salvatori, vice president and general manager of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies Europe, will participate in a panel entitled, “Technology Symposium - HSPA: Rollout & Realities,” on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 4:50-6:20 p.m. on level 3 of Hall 5.
- Omar Javaid, vice president of business development for MediaFLO Technologies, will participate in a panel entitled, “Mobile TV - Can it Deliver?” on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2-3:20 p.m. in Hall 5.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.