Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and mobile data solutions, today announced that the Company's partners are showcasing the latest wireless solutions in its “Discover Wireless Mobility” partner pavilion and that Company spokespeople will discuss the future of the wireless industry at the 2007 International CES® in Las Vegas, January 8-11, 2007 in booth #30320, South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center and Digital Hollywood pre-show (in conjunction with CES). Additionally, Qualcomm will demonstrate the industry's first chipset based on the 802.11n Draft 2.0 technology and its high-speed data streaming capabilities at the Renaissance Hotel in Las Vegas.
As a leading wireless technology enabler, Qualcomm is driving the advancement of mobile broadband, rich multimedia services, mobile TV, location-enhanced applications and embedded 3G wireless technologies to improve the wireless lifestyle for consumers. In cooperation with its industry partners - who are providing consumers with an enhanced wireless experience - Qualcomm is at the forefront of revolutionizing the way consumers use their wireless communications devices as part of their everyday lives.
“Qualcomm is dedicated to expanding the boundaries of the mobile lifestyle by enabling wireless devices that not only offer voice, but now also support a wide variety of advanced data services - such as GPS and multimedia - developed and offered by our operator partners,” said William F. Davidson, Jr., vice president, global marketing and investor relations for Qualcomm. “Thanks to collaboration with our industry partners, our shared vision for the future of wireless is quickly becoming a reality.”
The Company's “Discover Wireless Mobility” partner pavilion consists of seven categories demonstrating the ways in which people around the globe are using wireless devices for a wide range of beyond-voice purposes.
The categories include:
- Gaming: Experience the ultimate in 3D graphics and multiplayer games while watching application demonstrations from publishers and developers of BREW®-based applications
- Health and fitness: Measure and track your fitness level and progress with easy-to-use BREW-based wireless tools · Location-based services: Find your way or locate people and places faster and easier
- Mobile broadband: Connect seamlessly, securely and easily, wherever business takes you · Mobile TV: Watch premium, TV-quality mobile entertainment while on the go
- Music: Download and play high-quality music and audio
- Photo, film and video: Capture and share your world using BREW-based applications and high-speed 3G CDMA technology
Qualcomm spokespeople also will discuss key wireless industry trends, both at CES and at the Digital Hollywood pre-show:
- Omar Javaid, vice president of business development for MediaFLO Technologies, will participate in a session entitled, “The Rush to Mobile Video: Establishing and Monetizing a Revolutionary Entertainment and Communications Medium,” on Sunday, Jan. 7, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N261, at Digital Hollywood.
- Mike Yuen, senior director of the Gaming Group for Qualcomm Internet Services, will participate in a session entitled, “Next Generation Power Gamer Platforms: More Entertainment, More Power, More Choice - Consoles, PC & Mobile,” on Sunday, Jan. 7, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N259, at Digital Hollywood.
- Sachin Deshpande, head of developer relations for Qualcomm Internet Services, will participate in a session entitled, “Personalized Mobile Experience - Social Networking: Breakthroughs in Messaging, Music, Video Capabilities & Advertising,” on Monday, Jan. 8, 10:30-11:30 a.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N261, at Digital Hollywood.
- Brian Dunphy, senior director of business development for Qualcomm Internet Services, will participate in a session entitled, “Mobile Commerce and Content - The Mobile Web, Off Deck Content, Mobile Search and Advertising Options,” on Monday, Jan. 8, 1:30-2:30 p.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N261, at Digital Hollywood.
- Peggy Johnson, EVP and president of Qualcomm Internet Services and MediaFLO Technologies, will participate in a session entitled, “Mobile TV: Anywhere! Anytime!” on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N254.
- Gina Lombardi, president of MediaFLO USA, will participate in a session entitled “The Next Generation of Mobile Content,” on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 3-4 p.m. at The Venetian Hotel, Bellini Rooms 2105, 2106, 2005, 2006, at the Mobile Broadband & Content Conference.
For additional information about the Company's activities at CES, please visit: www.qualcomm.com/news.
Qualcomm Incorporated is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.