QSC6075 Solution Brings Wireless Broadband and Rich Multimedia Features to Mass MarketsSAN DIEGO
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and other advanced wireless technologies, today announced that its family of Qualcomm Single Chip™ (QSC™) solutions has been expanded to include support for CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO. The new QSC6075™ solution is designed to enable handsets supporting broadband data and multimedia capabilities at lower cost, driving the proliferation of wireless broadband for mass markets. The QSC6075 solution also offers multi-band support - including AWS, cellular and PCS - as well as significant network capacity enhancements. Sampling is scheduled for the second quarter of 2007.
“Expanding our family of single-chip solutions to include support for EV-DO will help drive the proliferation of broadband 3G devices and make them accessible to a much wider base of wireless users,” said Dr. Sanjay K. Jha, president of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies. “Capabilities such as faster and more precise GPS technology, high-quality video and audio downloads and high-speed application downloads can now be accessible to mass markets. With the QSC6075, device manufacturers benefit from a single-chip solution, and capacity-enhancing technologies make the cost-effective delivery of advanced data and multimedia services possible for network operators.”
The QSC6075 solution integrates baseband modem, multimedia engines, multi-band radio transceiver and power management into a single chip to eliminate the need for many discrete components. This high level of integration lowers R&D, manufacturing and bill-of-materials costs while accelerating time to market. QSC solutions enable richer functionality in slim, compelling devices with optimized power consumption. The new QSC6075 device features:
- Support for EV-DO Rel. 0 with backward compatibility to CDMA2000
- Equalizer technology for increased EV-DO data throughput
- Up to 3 megapixel camera support with anti-shake capability
- 15 fps video encode and decode capability
- 72-voice polyphonic ringtones with support for multiple audio codecs
- Advanced position-location capabilities with gpsOne® for high-end positioning functionality in mainstream markets
- Multiple technologies to improve network capacity, including Qualcomm Linear Interference Cancellation (QLIC™) with pilot and traffic cancellation and Fourth Generation Vocoder™ (4GV™), a core voice codec suite giving network operators the flexibility to prioritize voice quality or network capacity
- Support for multiple bands, including 800 Mhz, 1900 Mhz and the AWS band (1700/2100 Mhz), with mobile receive diversity
- Pin and software compatibility with the QSC6065™ and QSC6055™ devices, allowing device manufacturers to leverage existing designs
- Cost-effective 65 nm process technology and a 12 mm x 12 mm package size
For further information about Qualcomm's QSC products, visit: www.cdmatech.com/singlechip.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the Company's ability to successfully design and have manufactured significant quantities of CDMA components on a timely and profitable basis, the extent and speed to which CDMA is deployed, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 25, 2006.
Qualcomm and gpsOne are registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Qualcomm Single Chip, QSC, QSC6075, QSC6055, QSC6065, QLIC, Fourth Generation Vocoder and 4GV are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. CDMA2000 is a registered trademark of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA USA). All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
December 04, 2006
December 04, 2006