Qualcomm Showcases the Future of the Wireless Lifestyle at ITU Telecom World 2006 and 3G World Congress & Marketplace 2006HONG KONG, CHINA
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and other advanced wireless technologies, today announced that it will be showcasing the latest next-generation wireless products and solutions at ITU Telecom World 2006 in Hong Kong, Dec. 4-8 in booth #2004, Hall 2 at AsiaWorld-Expo, demonstrating that 3G continues to facilitate the digital wireless lifestyle. Qualcomm also will participate in the annual 3G World Congress & Marketplace 2006, to be held at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Qualcomm is an innovator in the wireless technology sector, and through the development of end-to-end products and solutions, the Company makes possible a truly wireless future - both at work and at play. The Company is dedicated to the growth of the wireless industry across Asia and worldwide, enabling its customers and partners to provide their users with advanced 3G wireless mobile devices, applications and services.
“3G technology is increasingly becoming a crucial component of our daily lives, and it continues to define how we communicate as consumers and business people,” said Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, CEO of Qualcomm. “The convergence of the wireless, computing, consumer electronics and entertainment industries is changing the wireless landscape - from markets such as Korea and Japan, which demand feature-rich multimedia applications, and emerging markets from India to Southeast Asia and Latin America, that require high-quality voice and SMS services. 3G continues to fulfill the promise of wireless for all market segments and Qualcomm is playing a critical role in enabling this convergence. Along with our partners, we are committed to ensuring the creation of an exponentially growing range of wireless devices and services, ultimately providing end-users with a unique wireless experience.”
Demonstrations of Qualcomm's advanced technology solutions and products featured at the Company's booth at ITU Telecom World 2006 will include:
- Over-the-air demonstration of the MediaFLO™ system, including datacasting of sports, weather and lifestyle applications
- Voice over Internet protocol running over EV-DO Rev. A
- Demonstrations of over-the-air mobile broadband data rates of 7.2 Mbps with HSDPA and 1.5 Mbps with HSUPA
- Rich multimedia capabilities of handsets based on the Enhanced Platform and Convergence Platform chipsets, including camera, video and hardware-accelerated 3D graphics with the Company's Q3Dimension™ technology
- A wide variety of location services leveraging the accurate and ubiquitous positioning capabilities of the gpsOne® solution
- Software solutions addressing the needs of next-generation devices, including integrated support for Microsoft Windows Mobile on Convergence Platform-based test devices and the uiOne™ handset development kit development platform
- Seamless hand-off between WLAN and cellular networks with devices based on CDMA2000® and UMTS MSM chipset solutions
- Over-the-air demonstration of FLASH-OFDM for the 2.5 GHz band using a 1.25MHz channel, highlighting the increased data rates and low latency of this field proven technology
Qualcomm speakers also will address key wireless industry trends at both ITU Telecom World 2006 and 3G World Congress & Marketplace 2006:
- Dr. Jacobs will deliver a keynote address at an ITU Telecom World panel entitled “The Promise of Advanced Wireless Services” on Tuesday, Dec. 5, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in Forum Room 2
- Dr. Jacobs also will participate in a keynote session at the 3G World Congress entitled “Emerging Opportunities with Personal Wireless and Broadband Services” on Wednesday, Dec. 6, from 2:40-4 p.m. in Hall 5
- Arvin Chander, vice president of global carrier relations, Qualcomm Internet Services, will participate in a Congress Session at the 3G World Congress entitled “Realizing the Mobile TV, Music and Entertainment Opportunity” on the morning of Thursday, Dec. 7, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Luis Pineda, senior vice president of marketing and product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies will participate in a 3G World Congress panel entitled “Building Customer Value with Next-Generation Mobile Phones and Semiconductor Innovation” on Wednesday, Dec. 6, from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Dr. Fazal Ali, senior director of product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, will speak at a 3G World Congress session on “Ubiquitous Broadband Connectivity: A New Paradigm for the Notebook PC” on Dec. 7, from 10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the Company's ability to successfully design and have manufactured significant quantities of CDMA components on a timely and profitable basis, the extent and speed to which CDMA is deployed, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 24, 2006, and most recent Form 10-Q.
Qualcomm and gpsOne are registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. CDMA2000 is a registered trademark of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA USA). MediaFLO, Q3Dimension, and uiOne are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
December 04, 2006
December 04, 20063G Continues to Define the Digital Wireless Lifestyle3G Continues to Define the Digital Wireless Lifestyle