Company to Showcase the Future of 3G Technologies and Solutions for Evolving Wireless Industry at CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2006SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and other advanced wireless technologies, today announced that the Company will showcase cutting-edge next-generation wireless products and solutions at CTIA Wireless I.T.™ & Entertainment 2006 in Los Angeles, Sept. 12-14, in booth #546, Hall H, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
As a leader in wireless innovation, Qualcomm, along with its partners, is continually working to create new and relevant opportunities for the entire mobile ecosystem, including wireless operators, manufacturers, content providers and end users.
“We're at a point within the industry where wireless is beginning to directly define how mobility affects our daily lives as consumers and as business people,” said Bill Davidson, vice president, global marketing and investor relations for Qualcomm. “Together with our partners across the wireless value chain, Qualcomm is driving the advancement of mobile broadband, rich multimedia services, location-enhanced applications and embedded 3G wireless technology to ultimately improve the wireless lifestyle. At this year's CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment, we'll showcase the solutions and services that are helping drive the wireless industry forward.”
Demonstrations of Qualcomm's advanced technology solutions and products featured at the Company's booth will include:
- MediaFLO™ streaming video, audio and datacasting on phones from a leading handset manufacturer
- Six publishers and developers - Adobe, Juice Wireless, mSpot, NAVITIME, Obopay and Superscape - showcasing the latest wireless applications and services developed for the BREW® solution
- Handset personalization enabled by the uiOne™ solution, including multi-language capabilities and customization options to create a rich, integrated experience for end users around the globe
- Location-based services developed for the BREW solution from BIM Active, ECONZ, Networks in Motion and Tik Games
- Advanced handsets featuring premium BREW 3D games and demonstrations of developer-branded off-device shopping
- Flexible BREW delivery offerings highlighting the ways that BREW can enable advanced campaign management
- Rich multimedia and assisted-GPS capabilities of commercial handsets based on Enhanced Platform chipset solutions and devices based on Convergence Platform chipset solutions, including camera, video, 3D graphics with Q3Dimension™ technology, and position-location technology powered by the gpsOne® solution
- Demonstrations using handsets based on the Mobile Station Modem™ (MSM™) MSM7500™ chipset featuring integrated support for Microsoft Windows Mobile
- Seamless hand-off between WLAN and cellular networks with devices based on MSM chipset solutions for CDMA2000® and WCDMA (UMTS)
- Notebook developers, Lenovo and Hewlett-Packard, showcasing embedded laptops demonstrating 3G mobile broadband capabilities
Qualcomm speakers also will address key wireless industry trends at CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment and Billboard MECCA (in conjunction with CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment):
- Mike Yuen, senior director of Qualcomm Internet Services' gaming group, will participate on the “Pessimists vs. Critics: A Debate over the Future of Mobile Games” panel at Billboard MECCA on Monday, Sept. 11, 2-2:45 p.m. in the Santa Barbara Room at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel.
- Gina Lombardi, president of MediaFLO USA, will participate in the “Mobile Television Plenary Session - What are the Studios and Networks Thinking?” panel on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:20-3:30 p.m. in Room 403 A & B at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Yuen also will offer his perspective on “The State of the Mobile Entertainment Marketplace” in the Mobile Games Plenary Session on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 4:50-6 p.m. in Room 403 A & B at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Mitch Oliver, vice president of solutions and marketing for Qualcomm Internet Services, will participate in the “Issues in Mobile Body: A Closer Look at Discovery, Marketing & Licensing” panel on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 403 B at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Arnold Gum, staff manager, product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, will participate in the “LBS & Entertainment - Where Do They Intersect?” session on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3:30-5 p.m. in Room 403 A at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Qualcomm, BREW and gpsOne are registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. CDMA2000 is a registered trademark of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA USA). MediaFLO, uiOne, Q3Dimension, Mobile Station Modem, MSM and MSM7500 are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
September 08, 2006September 08, 2006Qualcomm Drives Next-Generation Wireless Communication Through Innovative Solutions for the Advanced Wireless LifestyleQualcomm Drives Next-Generation Wireless Communication Through Innovative Solutions for the Advanced Wireless Lifestyle