Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and other advanced wireless technologies, today announced the winners of the BREW 2006 Developer Awards, a global awards program that recognizes and promotes the best BREW® applications created by wireless publishers and developers. The BREW 2006 Developer Awards - sponsored for the second year in a row by Motorola - recognizes wireless publishers and developers who are creating best-in-class BREW applications and services that are propelling wireless data to the next level. The winners were revealed during an awards ceremony at the sold-out BREW 2006 Conference, held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego.
Qualcomm congratulates the BREW 2006 Developer Awards winners:
- Best Up and Coming Application: EZ Naviwalk by KDDI and NAVITIME JAPAN CO. Ltd. (Japan)
- Best Business Application: Chifeng Mobile e-Government System by Guangzhou Jinpeng Group Ltd. (China)
- Best Location-Based Service Application: LOC-AID People by LOC-AID Technologies, Inc. (U.S.)
- Best Communications Application: Uta-tomo (Music Friends) by Sony Corporation and Media Socket Inc. (Japan)
- Best Information Application: Barcode Reader & Maker by 3Gvision Inc. and MEDIASEEK Inc. (Japan)
- Best Entertainment Application: Amp'd Live by Amp'd Mobile (U.S.)
- Best Game Application: Need for Speed™ Underground 2 by Electronic Arts (U.S.)
- Best Ringtone Application: RealTone Jukebox by 9 Squared Inc. (U.S.)
- People's Choice Award: Zuma by Glu Mobile (U.S.)
“Each year, Qualcomm is impressed and gratified at the caliber of wireless applications developed by this highly regarded community of BREW publishers and developers. This year's awards program was no different, with an incredible number of entries from around the world representing the latest in mobile content,” said Mitch Oliver, vice president of solutions and marketing for Qualcomm Internet Services. “The increased participation and quality of the entries are indicative of the evolution of the BREW solution and its expanding global reach.”
The BREW 2006 Developer Awards program consists of nine categories that span a diverse range of applications from communications and information to games and entertainment. Entries were evaluated based on several criteria such as ease of use, originality, commercial viability and overall “wow factor.” In addition, conference attendees were given the opportunity to vote for their favorite application in the highly-anticipated People's Choice award.
The BREW solution drives the discovery and delivery of data services. BREW subscribers can benefit from several offerings which include: uiOne™ for rich, integrated and dynamic user experiences with fast access to high revenue services on wireless devices; deliveryOne™ for differentiated and tightly integrated, operator-managed support and delivery of advanced wireless data content and services; and marketOne™ for a quick-to-market, hosted, scalable content delivery service that includes media titles, flexible management and monetization, content provider settlement and business intelligence services. Qualcomm offers this comprehensive set of BREW offerings to meet the distinct needs of companies delivering mobile products and services around the world.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2006 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.