Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, today announced the call for nominations for the third annual 3G A-List Awards (formerly the 3G cdmA-list Awards). Hosted by Qualcomm, the 3G A-List Awards program recognizes innovative and successful commercially deployed enterprise wireless data solutions based on third-generation (3G) CDMA standards. Winners of the 3G A-List Awards will need to demonstrate creativity and innovation, overall business impact and how they exceeded business objectives by introducing higher return on investment (ROI), lower operating expenses or increased user satisfaction.
The 3G A-List Awards program is open to North American enterprises of all sizes, public agencies and non-profit organizations in various stages of deployment and using an array of devices, including PC cards, PDAs, smartphones, telemetry modules and phones. Companies in a variety of industries, ranging from education and public safety to healthcare and sales, are already experiencing the benefits of deploying innovative 3G CDMA wireless data solutions, improving organizational efficiency and enterprise productivity.
The six categories of the 2005 3G A-List Awards are:
- Small Company (companies with less than 100 employees)
- Medium Company (companies with 101 to 5,000 employees)
- Large Company (companies with more than 5,000 employees
- Government or Public Agency
- Non-Profit Organization
- 1xEV-DO Implementation
“The 3G A-List Awards are designed to celebrate mobile wireless innovation and to publicly recognize those companies whose advanced wireless solutions are enhancing the way their workforces conduct business by improving productivity and increasing efficiencies,” said Kristin Taylor, director of enterprise business development for Qualcomm. “As more enterprises implement 3G mobility solutions and deliver true wireless connectivity to their workers, they are realizing a powerful competitive advantage and a wealth of benefits such as the ability to access business-critical information instantly from any location.”
A panel of judges will select 3G A-List winners based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Innovation: How the organization demonstrated exemplary creativity of concept and approach with a unique adaptation to an existing deployment or with a completely new solution.
- Overall Business Impact: How the wireless solution achieved results beyond saved costs or revenue generated. For example, results could be achieved as simplified interactions with customers, employees or partners; improved customer satisfaction; or enhanced communication.
- Quantifiable ROI: How the wireless solution demonstrated meaningful results that have made a significant change in the company's overall financial state or exceeded business objectives.
The 3G A-List Awards will be presented at a private reception in San Francisco on September 27, 2005 during CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2005.
Nominations can be submitted by a qualifying enterprise, agency or non-profit organization, or an enabling partner such as a wireless operator, software or hardware provider, or outside consultant. To enter or nominate a company for the 3G A-List Awards or to view a complete list of eligibility criteria and prizes, please visit www.3galist.com. Award inquiries can be directed by email to email@example.com or by phone to the awards hotline at (888) 888-8101. The deadline for entries is July 31, 2005.
The annual 3G A-List Awards program was created by Qualcomm to honor mobility at work. Last year, Qualcomm awarded eight companies for their successful deployment of 3G CDMA-based mobile enterprise solutions. More information about the 2004 3G cdmA-List Awards honorees and their innovative solutions can be found at: http://www.3galist.com/winners.html.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2005 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.