Concurrent Release of Versions 6.2 and 6.2.3 Offer Significantly Increased Functionality for Private Fleet ManagementSAN DIEGO
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), the leading provider of wireless data solutions, today announced the commercial launch of versions 6.2 and 6.2.3 of its industry-leading FleetAdvisor fleet management solution for the private fleet market. Both systems provide customers with a near real-time connection between their back office – including management, dispatchers and customer service representatives – and their vehicles and drivers, with version 6.2.3 designed with features necessary for larger customer fleet operations. FleetAdvisor 6.2 and 6.2.3 support full-function, on-board computing and applications, including automated Department of Transportation-compliant logs; automated arrival and departure alerts; and automated state mileage and GIS mapping. FleetAdvisor and other on-board applications run on the MVPc® in-vehicle computer, which uses the Windows® CE platform. FleetAdvisor also works with other Qualcomm systems, including the OmniTRACS® and OmniExpress® mobile communications systems.
“FleetAdvisor 6.2 and 6.2.3 support Qualcomm’s efforts to provide enterprise-wide benefits to companies with private fleets,” said Joan Waltman, president of Qualcomm Wireless Business Solutions. “Both solutions are designed to help our customers – whether operating large or small fleets – extend supply-chain management, automate regulatory compliance, reduce the operational costs of their fleets, and significantly increase revenue and productivity.”
FleetAdvisor 6.2 provides customers with:
- Support for 802.11b WLAN communications
- The ability to export FleetAdvisor report data for use by other applications such as Excel
- Primary client applications can now be converted from client-server to browser-based applications using Internet Explorer
- A new host application that allows customers to quickly find the status of deliveries in response to customer inquiries
- MVPc message light activated upon receipt of a FleetAdvisor message
- Support for “batch” mode communications using the OmniExpress system (upload/download data to/from the mobile at start and end of day)
- Filtering logic has been added that minimizes false TrailerTRACS connects/disconnects displayed to the driver
- GUI improvements to the TrackingAdvisor mapping application
- Enhanced mobile software to support the grocery and liquid gas markets, allowing drivers to service multiple, adjacent stops without moving the vehicle
- Enhanced APIs that allow external third-party applications to accomplish route pre-assignment(s) for a driver
- Enhanced debugging tools used by customers and support personnel for diagnosing system problems
- Support for the French language added to support customer vehicles that operate in Canada
FleetAdvisor version 6.2.3 is an extension of version 6.2 that includes additional features that increase product scalability and reliability necessary for larger customer fleet operations. These enhancements include:
- Integration with RI/AS400 Server
- Support for the Windows 2003 Server operating system
- Support for running in a server cluster using Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) within the Windows 2003 Server environment
- Scalability and performance enhancements that optimize messaging and response time performance for fleet sizes in excess of 6,000 vehicles and 8,000 drivers
Qualcomm has helped the transportation industry become more efficient since 1988 when the introduction of the OmniTRACS solution provided transportation companies with an innovative and effective way of managing logistics. Today Qualcomm is the industry’s global leader in providing high-value wireless data solutions with Network Operations Centers that process more than nine million transactions each day. Qualcomm has shipped more than 590,000 Qualcomm mobile systems to businesses in 39 countries on four continents.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on the Company’s CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2005 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the extent and speed to which FleetAdvisor products are deployed, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 26, 2004, and most recent Form 10-Q.
Qualcomm, FleetAdvisor, OmniTRACS, OmniExpress and TrailerTRACS are registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
June 08, 2005June 08, 2005