May 17, 2005SAN DIEGO
Qualcomm products mentioned within this press release are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, today announced the finalists for its BREW 2005 Developer Awards, a global awards program that recognizes and promotes the top BREW applications created by wireless publishers and developers. Qualcomm will unveil the winning applications during a special awards ceremony at the BREW 2005 Conference, being held June 1-3 in San Diego.
The BREW 2005 Developer Awards recognize applications in nine categories. To further honor the variety of commercial and pre-commercial BREW applications, Qualcomm added three new categories to this year's awards: Best Ringtone Application, Most Innovative Use of Technology and the People's Choice Award. Finalists were selected by an anonymous panel of international wireless industry experts based on several criteria including ease of use, originality, "cool factor," features and likelihood or evidence of success. All finalist applications except for those in the Most Innovative Use of Technology category will automatically be considered for the People's Choice Award which gives conference attendees the chance to choose their favorite application from the list of finalists.
"The BREW 2005 Developer Awards lets us put the spotlight on the creativity, hard work and incredible innovation demonstrated by the global community of BREW publishers and developers," said Gina Lombardi, senior vice president of marketing and product management for Qualcomm Internet Services. "This year, we are especially excited about the expanded list of categories including the People's Choice Award which provides special distinction since the winner will be chosen by their industry peers. We expect significant buzz surrounding the awards program as it has truly become a key fixture of the BREW 2005 Conference."
The BREW 2005 Developer Awards finalists are:
- Most Innovative Use of Technology: AtlasBook by Networks in Motion (U.S.); Buggy Boom with Motion Detection from MEDIASEEK Inc./3GVision Inc. (Japan); Need for Speed Underground 2 by Electronic Arts/Ideaworks3D (U.S.); One Push Order by TAITO CORPORATION (Japan); SuperPages Movies by Verizon Information Services (U.S.); VIVO Diagnóstico from MoWA (Brazil)
- Best Business Application: iMViewer by Inetcam (U.S.); Mobile Banking for BREW by EverSystems (Brazil); Remo by Remoba Inc. (U.S.)
- Best Location-Based Service Application: EZnaviwalk by NAVITIME JAPAN CO.,LTD. (Japan); Friend-Finder Service by Pointi Corporation (Korea); VIVO Localiza by WIZ Technologies (Brazil)
- Best Communications Application: Email Executive by IntelliSync (U.S.); Pop Mailer by MEDIA SOCKET Inc. (Japan); Utameru by G-Search Ltd. (Japan)
- Best Information Application: Diabetes Management by Healthpia Inc. (Korea); nWeb Browser by Novarra, Inc. (U.S.); Rand McNally Traffic by TeleCommunication Systems (U.S.)
- Best Entertainment Application: Flashow by Beijing Flashow Media Co., Ltd. (China); MobiTV by Idetic (U.S.); Song IDentity by Rocket Mobile Inc. (U.S.)
- Best Game Application: Asphalt: Urban GT 3D by Gameloft (France); Defend the Earth by Beijing InfoQuick SinoVoice Speech Technology Corp. (China); Korea-Japan Battle Poker by Anicom Software Co. Ltd. (Korea)
- Best Ringtone Application: Modtones DJ by Moderati (U.S.); MP2+1 by Xstyle Ltd. (China); Sony Music Box by Sony BMG Music (U.S.)
Qualcomm's BREW solution is designed to meet the distinct and varied needs of wireless operators, handset manufacturers, publishers, developers and end users around the world. BREW products and services include: an open, extensible client platform that supports robust systems and application software including personalized and branded user interfaces for mass market devices; a J2EE™ -based, modular delivery system that enables the distribution of content, applications and user interfaces to wireless devices across all air interfaces; a dedicated professional services team that supports the integration of customized implementations; and the wireless industry's first global marketplace to support the monetization of applications and services developed in all programming languages. The BREW solution can make the wireless visions of innovative companies a reality.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2004 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the Company's ability to successfully design and have manufactured significant quantities of CDMA components on a timely and profitable basis, the extent and speed to which CDMA is deployed, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 26, 2004, and most recent Form 10-Q.