3G Continues to Thrive and Expand in the Americas and Across the GlobeSAN DIEGO
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, today announced the Company will be exhibiting and demonstrating advanced third-generation (3G) wireless technologies and solutions during CDMA Americas Congress 2003, at the Miami Beach Convention Center on Dec. 8-10, 2003 in booth #301.
Qualcomm is committed to driving the adoption of 3G wireless services in the Americas and worldwide, and is working across the entire mobile value chain to enable the development of innovative products, services and applications. Qualcomm's 3G products and solutions including CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO and WCDMA chipsets, the Launchpad™ suite of technologies, the BREW™ system and gpsOne™ position location technology, are helping to deliver greater choices for consumers and enterprises, create new revenue streams for operators and enhance their ability to differentiate their products and services.
"There are now 30 operators in 13 countries throughout North and Latin America that have deployed 3G CDMA2000 1X services," said Jeffrey K. Belk, senior vice president of marketing for Qualcomm. "Over the last year, CDMA2000 services and the BREW system have been rapidly adopted by operators in North and Latin America. We have also seen an expansion of different types of devices with advanced capabilities and features such as high-resolution color screens, integrated cameras and position location. Operators are seeing the true promise of 3G being delivered with increased ARPUs and new revenue streams."
Qualcomm's advanced 3G wireless solutions highlighted at the booth include:
- Demonstrations of Spanish language applications and position location applications developed for the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless™ (BREW) platform. AccuWeather and Dataumcom will also be present in the Qualcomm booth to highlight their BREW-based applications that feature location-based capabilities.
- Demonstrations of the Launchpad suite of integrated wireless applications, featuring multimedia and position location capabilities enabled by Qualcomm's MSM6100™ chipset solution
- Feature-rich multimedia applications and services running over a high-speed CDMA2000 1xEV-DO airlink, on wireless card equipped laptops
Qualcomm executives will share industry expertise in several sessions during the CDMA Americas Congress 2003, including:
- Dr. Irwin Mark Jacobs, chairman and CEO, will deliver a keynote address on Monday, Dec. 8 at 1:35 p.m.
- Peggy Johnson, president of Qualcomm Internet Services (QIS), will participate in a gspOne BREW workshop on Monday, Dec. 8 at 8:30 a.m.
- Jeffrey K. Belk, senior vice president of marketing, will participate on a panel entitled, "Evaluating the Importance of Wi-Fi as an Adjunct to Wide Area High-Speed Networks," on Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 11:40 a.m.
- John Beale, vice president of marketing for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT), will participate on a panel entitled, "Chipset Solutions for Multiple Segments," on Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 5:30 p.m.
- Greg Heinzinger, senior vice president, will participate on a panel entitled, "CDMA Test Forum - Remotely Accessible Performance Tester and Optimizer (RAPTOR)" on Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 4:45 p.m.
- Eduardo Estevez, director of technical marketing, will participate in a panel entitled, "Designing and Implementing a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Network," on Wednesday, Dec. 10 at 1:30 p.m.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2003 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. BREW, Launchpad, gpsOne and MSM6100 are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. CDMA2000 is a registered trademark of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA USA). All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
December 08, 2003December 08, 2003Qualcomm Showcases Industry-Leading 3G Technologies at CDMA Americas Congress 2003Qualcomm Showcases Industry-Leading 3G Technologies at CDMA Americas Congress 2003