LAS VEGAS -- October 21, 2003 -- Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, today announced a multitude of innovative 3G CDMA wireless products and solutions for the enterprise at CTIA Wireless I.T.&Entertainment 2003, Oct. 21-23 in booth 849 at the Sands Expo&Convention Center in Las Vegas. The wireless enterprise solutions being demonstrated by Qualcomm and its partners, showcase the reality of what is being done today and what is possible as high-speed wireless solutions become an established part of the way businesses and other organizations operate.
"With the commercial deployment of CDMA2000 1X and 1xEV-DO networks in North America, and the growing list of 3G CDMA enterprise solutions available today, the long-awaited shift of business to mobility solutions has begun to accelerate," said Jeffrey K. Belk, senior vice president of marketing for Qualcomm. "Today in North America on CDMA2000 1X and 1xEV-DO networks, and elsewhere in the world on emerging WCDMA (UMTS) networks, businesses will find their move to mobile solutions based on wireless wide area network to be extremely compelling."
Demonstrations to be held at Qualcomm's booth 849 include:
- Eight Qualcomm partners from across the wireless enterprise value chain will demonstrate various mobile enterprise solutions and products running on CDMA2000 1xEV-DO. These companies include Cisco Systems, Citrix, IBM, Knowledge Anywhere, Microsoft, Mitchell International, NetMotion Wireless and PeopleSoft.
- Unique vertical industry applications from Qualcomm and its partners will be on exhibit, including CardioNet, a wireless heart monitoring system; OmniOne™, a handset-based mobile communications system for the transportation industry and applications for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Numerous business and entertainment applications for wireless devices, powered by Qualcomm's BREW™ solution, will be on display. Featured BREW-enabled phones will include: LG 4400, LG VX 6000, Motorola T-720, Curitel 8600, Alltel 7135, Audiovox CDM 7500, KWC 3225 and the Kyocera 7135 SmartPhone.
On Tuesday, Oct. 21 at 6 p.m., Qualcomm will host the first annual 3G cdmA-List Awards™. This event will honor leading small, medium and large companies, public agencies and non profit entities for their successful wireless data solutions based on 3G CDMA networks, devices and business applications. The program also recognizes enabling partners, such as hardware and software vendors, consultants and carriers that have supported these organizations with their wireless data deployments. For more information on Qualcomm's 3G cdmA-List Awards, please visit www.3gcdmalist.com. Questions about the awards can be answered by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-888-8101.
Qualcomm executives will share their industry expertise at the following events:
- Peggy Johnson, president of Qualcomm Internet Services, will deliver her keynote presentation on Monday, Oct. 20 at 2 p.m. in Venetian Ballroom G at the Mobile Entertainment Summit.
- Mike Yuen, director of BREW developer relations, will participate on the "Making Successful Mobile Games" panel on Monday, Oct. 20 at 5:10 p.m. in Venetian Ballroom G at the Mobile Entertainment Summit.
- Jeffrey K. Belk, senior vice president of marketing for Qualcomm, will participate on the "Designing Wireless Solutions" panel on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 1 p.m. in room 103.
- Gina Lombardi, senior vice president of marketing and product management for Qualcomm Internet Services, will present on the "Messaging Revolution" panel on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 1:30 p.m. in room 202.
Qualcomm Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in theS&P500 Index and is a 2003 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the Company's ability to successfully design and have manufactured significant quantities of CDMA components on a timely and profitable basis, the extent and speed to which CDMA is deployed, change in economic conditions of the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 30, 2002, and most recent Form 10-Q.