Jan 13, 2014
Qualcomm products mentioned within this post are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Sony revealed at CES last week what it considers to be “the world's best camera in a waterproof smartphone”—the new Xperia Z1S with a cutting-edge, ultra-powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor. Sharing several features with the similarly named Sony Xperia Z1, among its cool new features is a camera app called Background Defocus. The app lets you choose a focus point before snapping a picture so you can blur and add distortion for some stunning photos. This feature is currently exclusively available in the U.S. on the Sony Z1S being sold through T-Mobile.
- 20.7 MP Exmor RS G Lens camera
- Full HD TRILUMINOS display with X-Reality
- Waterproof and dust resistant
- Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera apps including Background Defocus
- OptiContrast for less reflection and clearer screen viewing
- OminBalance design
- Connect with over 100 Sony NFC-enabled accessories and devices
Learn more about the Xperia Z1S from Sony.