Earlier this year, Qualcomm® Technologies, Inc. announced the new tiering structure for Snapdragon™ processors, including Snapdragon 800, 600, 400 and 200. While Snapdragon 800 processors are targeted at premier smartphones, tablets and mobile computing devices, Snapdragon 600 processors are high-tier SoCs that appears in many of today’s leading mobile devices. Snapdragon 400 and 200 are focused on mid-tier and entry-level high volume devices.
Qualcomm Technologies is excited to now expand the Snapdragon 600 series processors to include the newly renamed 8064M (formerly Snapdragon MPQ8064), which had been part of the Snapdragon S4 Prime series processors under the earlier Snapdragon processor tiering structure. With the addition of MPQ8064, Snapdragon 600 series processors now offer our OEM customers additional SoC options that share a common set of core capabilities, including:
- Peak performance and power efficient processing with our quad core Krait CPU
- Immersive 3D gaming with our Adreno™ 320 GPU
- HD 1080p video recording and playback at 30 fps
- Home theater quality audio on the go with DTS-HD and Dolby Digital Plus
- Crisp, clear photos with 20 megapixel camera support
- 802.11ac for great Wi-Fi performance
- Content streaming from mobile device to HDTV with Miracast™ wireless display technology
Snapdragon 600 processors are already in many of today’s newest and most popular smartphones, like the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One and the LG Optimus G. Visit the smartphones section of our Snapdragon site to discover more commercial devices based on Snapdragon 600 processors.
For in-depth information about each Snapdragon tier, including specs and specific multimedia capabilities, please visit our Snapdragon site and take a look at our product briefs for Snapdragon 800, 600, 400 and 200.