May 1, 2013
Qualcomm products mentioned within this post are offered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
If you seek a multimedia powerhouse as your next smartphone, it has arrived, and it takes form as the LG Optimus G Pro. Today LG Electronics announced their latest handset in the rapidly growing phablet segment. It is designed to be the ultimate device for creating, viewing, and sharing media content.
The expansive 5.5” display with full 1080p HD is the standout feature, providing a gorgeous 400ppi viewing area for your favorite photos and videos captures from the 13 megapixel rear camera. Beneath the surface, the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor powers the unique multimedia experiences of the LG Optimus G Pro. For example:
- Dual Recording – record video with the rear and front cameras simultaneously, capturing not only the experience around you, but your reaction.
- Tracking Focus – designed to enable sharper playback, focusing on a specific object as it moves throughout the video.
- VuTalk™ - draw and share fun and productive notes in real time, a refreshing upgrade to a bland text message.
- QuickMemo™ - scribble on photos or take a more personalized approach to notes, then share them with your friends.
- Engadget: LG Optimus G Pro: hands-on with the new Snapdragon 600 processor and 5.5-inch 1080p display
- The Verge: LG Optimus G Pro
- Cnet: No stylus, but still a phablet done right
The new LG Optimus G Pro will be available exclusively through AT&T, beginning May 10; a special Quick Cover folio case and smartphone bundle preorder begins May 3 at AT&T. View all Snapdragon powered LG devices here.