PHEW!!! What a week especially if you are a Qualcomm intern!
This past Monday over 200 students from around the country arrived for our New Employee Experience, thus signifying the start to an incredible summer in San Diego for Qualcomm interns. During their first day as an employee our interns were introduced to Qualcomm through executive speakers, tours of our vast campus, lunch in Café S and intern integration classes led by their campus recruiting team. And after they collected their badges at the post-orientation reception, these newly initiated Qualcommer’s were off to start their internship the following day.
In addition to kicking off their respective projects this week, most incoming interns spent the remainder of their time:
- Settling into their new housing
- Learning from the campus team how to best position themselves for a full-time job – or future internship
- Signing up for Saturday surf lessons in Pacific Beach, compliments of the campus team
- Memorizing Qualcomm acronyms
- Figuring out which gym is closest to their office
- Hating their badge picture
- Eating free tacos, compliments of the campus team
- Joining their fellow interns for live music and lunch on the grass in central campus @ the Qlife Festival
These are not fictitious scenarios. This is the real deal. Cheers all, I can't wait to meet you this summer – or in summers to come.