April 16, 2010Liat Ben-Zur
My name is Liat Ben-Zur and I head up the developer ecosystem program for Qualcomm’s chipset division, QCT. We’re happy to announce that Qualcomm has launched the new Qualcomm Developer Network website (www.qdevnet.com) to help us better support the development community! This is our new developer portal which brings together a network of developers, engineers and publishers that are transforming the mobile world and pushing the envelope of what’s possible through Qualcomm technology and solutions.
QDevNet aims to provide meaningful tools and resources to help you optimize and differentiate your apps by taking advantage of the power of our chipsets. It’s also the place to access go-to-market channels that Qualcomm enables through our relationships with operators and device manufacturers.
Here’s a quick list of some of the things developers will find on QDevNet:
- Info on our GPUs, including a view into which GPU is integrated into which chipset/commercial phone
- Technical documents and tools explaining how developers can optimize their graphics and apps to our chipsets and platforms
- Demos and sample applications to get developers started
- Showcase of how 3rd party game developers have worked with our graphics team to optimize their games on our chips
- Blogs & technical forums
- Distribution opportunities for your apps
We believe that much of the mobile innovation and magic that is happening in our industry is in the hands of you, the developer. We want to help you leverage our hardware accelerators and hook into our advanced features so applications can be smarter, better performing, more context aware and run at lower power. We want to help you make your apps sing!
To learn more about how the Qualcomm Developer Network can help you, please visit our site. And if you are a developer with a unique application you wish to showcase on this site, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.
Developer4April 16, 20100