Call for Proposals will open from February 15, 2017. Deadline for submission is March 15, 2017.
Template is provided below.
The team can be comprised of up to 2 students, wherein at least one student member of the team has to be enrolled as a Masters (MS / M.Tech.) or PhD student in the Electrical Engineering or Computer Science department (or related department) for the entire 2017-18 academic year. A second student team member is optional and may can even be a final year under-graduate. Each student on a team is an "Entrant"). Also, each team must have a faculty advisor supporting the proposal. The Masters or PhD entrants from each team may elect to choose ideas from their on-going or planned research and/or thesis projects in accordance with their university policies.
Each team shall submit an innovation proposal (download template) that must include the following:
- Three page innovation proposal (plus optional page for bibliography/references)
- Introduction and problem definition
- Innovation proposal and relation to the state of the art
- The one-year horizon of the project, even if the proposal is a multi-year project
- Letter from one or more faculty members recommending the innovation including:
- Why the proposal is innovative
- Why the proposal is important
- Why the current team is likely to succeed in their proposal
- Each student's Curriculum Vitae
- Signed agreement form by the team members (acknowledging the official rules of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship program in India). Download the official rules, and sign at the marked location in the rules document thus agreeing to the competition rules.
SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE A ZIP FILE CONTAINING THE DOCUMENTS: PROPOSAL, STUDENT CVs, LETTER(S) OF RECOMMENDATION, AND SIGNED AGREEMENT FORM. THE SUBMISSION (ZIP FILE) SHOULD BE SENT TO EMAIL email@example.com FOR CONSIDERATION IN THE QINF 2017 INDIA PROGRAM.
See FAQs for more details.
Winners will be selected through a multi-stage process:
- Idea selection for presentation: Applications must be submitted online by the specified deadline (see Timeline tab). All proposals will be reviewed internally by a team of Qualcomm researchers. A subset of teams will be selected as program finalist teams (“Finalist Teams”) and notified in April 2017. Selected Finalist Teams will be invited to a Sponsor facility to make a presentation of the research proposal described in their Application to a judging panel.
- Final proposals selection: Each Finalist Team must prepare a 20-minute presentation for the judges. Presentations must be in PowerPoint or PDF format. Templates for this presentation will be provided. The presentation generally includes:
- The proposal idea
- The differentiating factors from state of the art
- The execution plan / strength of the team
Four winning teams (“Winning Teams”) will be chosen from the pool of Finalist Teams after they present to the judging panel.
The Winning Teams will be invited to a Sponsor facility (within couple weeks of winner announcement) for presenting the proposal details.
The official rules for the Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship are available for download.
All QInF-related information will be announced on this webpage.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. will assign a mentor to facilitate periodic interaction opportunities for members of Winning Teams with Qualcomm Research.
Funding Renewal Opportunity
The selected four projects will be re-evaluated in April 2018 in the form of a project presentation, with one team being granted a funding renewal from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Research is a division of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Do you need further Information? Please direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org