Please see QInF India 2016 winner List in below table. The winners will be separately emailed about next steps for QInF India day to be held on July 4, 2016.
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
||Deep Generative Networks for Computational photography
||Akshat Dave (MTech student),
Anil Kumar Vadathya (MS student)
|Professor Kaushik Mitra
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
||Functionality driven 3D analysis and design
||Sanjeev Mk (MTech student)
||Professor Siddhartha Chaudhuri
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
||Computational and Data Sciences
||Recurrent deep neural nets for analysis and synthesis of hand-sketched content
||Ravi Kiran (PhD candidate)
||Professor R. Venkatesh Babu
|International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
||Robotics Research Centre
||Parking Assistant Drone System
||Saket Saurav (PhD candidate),
Gourav Kumar (MS student)
|Professor K Madhava Krishna
All submitted proposals have now moved to reviewing stage. As part of reviewing process, proposal presentations will be scheduled in later part of May (see timeline tab). Email announcements will be sent. Proposal presentation would need to be total of 30-min (inclusive of 5-min team introduction + 15-min technical pitch + 10-min Q&A)
These will be scheduled between the period of May 25 to Jun 8, and will be held at the respective institute location. Venue/Date/Time details will be shared in the week of May 16.
Please use this template for the proposal presentation (PDF and Powerpoint).
Strict adherence to template format and number of slides is must.
Proposal submission portal is now closed. Thanks for the tremendous interest in QINF India fellowship program. We received many innovative proposals from the participating universities, and now we have moved on to the reviewing stage.
The team can be comprised of up to 2 students, wherein at least one student member of the team has to be enrolled as a Masters (MS / M.Tech.) or PhD student in the Electrical Engineering or Computer Science department (or related department) for the entire 2016-17 academic year. A second student team member is optional and can be a final year undergraduate. Each student on a team is an “Entrant”. Also, each team must have a faculty advisor supporting the proposal.
Each team shall submit an innovation proposal (download proposal template) that must include the following:
- Three page innovation proposal (plus optional page for bibliography/references)
- Introduction and problem definition
- Innovation proposal and relation to the state of the art
- The one-year horizon of the project, even if the proposal is a multi-year project
- Letter from one or more faculty members recommending the innovation including:
- Why the proposal is innovative
- Why the proposal is important
- Why the current team is likely to succeed in their proposal
- Each student's Curriculum Vitae
- Signed agreement form by the team members (acknowledging the official rules of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship program in India). Download the official rules, and sign at the marked location in the rules document thus agreeing to the competition rules.
SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE A ZIP FILE CONTAINING THE DOCUMENTS: PROPOSAL, STUDENT CVs, LETTER(S) OF RECOMMENDATION, AND SIGNED AGREEMENT FORM. THE SUBMISSION (ZIP FILE) SHOULD BE SENT TO EMAIL email@example.com FOR CONSIDERATION IN THE QINF 2016 INDIA PROGRAM.
See FAQs for more details.
Winners will be selected through a multi-stage process:
- Idea selection for presentation: Applications must be submitted online by the specified deadline (see Timeline tab). All proposals will be reviewed internally by a team of Qualcomm researchers. Selected teams will be notified and will be expected to prepare and present their proposal to a Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. panel.
- Final proposals selection: Each selected team must prepare a 20-minute presentation for the judges. Presentations must be in PowerPoint or PDF format. Templates for this presentation will be provided. The presentation generally includes:
- The proposal idea
- The differentiating factors from state of the art
- The execution plan / strength of the team
Four winning teams will be chosen from this pool of selected teams after they present to the judging panel.
The winning teams will be invited to Sponsor (within couple weeks of winner announcement) for presenting the proposal details.
The official rules for the Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship are available for download.
All QInF-related information will be announced on this webpage. Please check back regularly for updates.
Faculty & Mentor
In addition to the faculty advisor(s) guiding the fellowship research, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. will help with assigning a mentor to facilitate periodic interaction opportunities with Qualcomm Research.
Funding Renewal Opportunity
The selected four projects will be re-evaluated in Apr 2017 in the form of a project presentation, with one team being granted a funding renewal from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Research is a division of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Do you need further Information? Please direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org