Privacy guiding principles.
Wireless technology providers can cultivate user trust, drive broader adoption and make more personalized offerings possible by providing a foundation of security and privacy. Most often, the ultimate responsibility for protecting user privacy rests with the companies that are our customers—those that make wireless devices and develop wireless applications. Even so, our products are designed with privacy in mind.
We invent new technologies to benefit people, enterprises, and society, and information collected from devices can greatly assist our development. We believe that the collection of information should promote trust, respect individuals’ privacy, and be based upon a foundation of responsible security and privacy practices. Our efforts to implement and enable responsible privacy and data security practices are informed by the following guiding principles:
- Transparency in the collection, use, and sharing of personal information;
- Providing or enabling meaningful choices over the collection, use, and sharing of personal information;
- Providing or enabling value to consumers when using their personal information;
- Safeguarding personal information from existing and emerging threats;
- Maintaining the accuracy, quality, and integrity of the data we collect; and,
- Responsible stewardship of personal information including limiting our collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information
Our internal privacy team includes dedicated privacy attorneys and specialists who are Certified Information Privacy Professionals. The team is advised by a cross-divisional privacy steering committee, which addresses privacy from the multiple perspectives that characterize our diverse Company. In addition, more employees throughout our Company have received certification through the International Association of Privacy Professionals, increasing the number of “privacy champions” across our operations.