Privacy guiding principles.
Wireless technology providers can cultivate user trust, drive broader adoption and make more personalized offerings possible by providing a foundation of security and privacy. Most often, the ultimate responsibility for protecting user privacy rests with the companies that are our customers—those that make wireless devices and develop wireless applications. Even so, our products are designed with privacy in mind.
We strive to foster trust in the use of wireless technologies by enabling responsible information-privacy and data-security practices. Our work is informed by these guiding principles, which we have integrated in multiple checkpoints in our engineering and production processes:
- Transparency in the collection, use and sharing of personal information
- Providing or enabling meaningful choices over the collection, use and sharing of personal information
- Providing or enabling value to consumers when using their personal information
- Safeguarding personal information from existing and emerging threats
- Responsible stewardship of personal information
Our internal privacy team includes dedicated privacy attorneys and specialists who are Certified Information Privacy Professionals. The team is advised by a cross-divisional privacy steering committee, which addresses privacy from the multiple perspectives that characterize our diverse Company. In addition, more employees throughout our Company have received certification through the International Association of Privacy Professionals, increasing the number of “privacy champions” across our operations.